Chapter 12

It had been a few weeks since Lance had taken his father's place, and he was starting to enjoy his time. He had gotten to know Keith and they had become friends.

Lance was talking to Allura, Romelle, Pidge, Hunk, and Shiro in his room. "How did you even get cursed?" He asked. "We aren't really supposed to talk about it." Allura told him. "Can I ask what the first thing you would do if you became human again would be?" He asked. "Sure. I'd apologize to my brother." Pidge said. "Why?" Lance asked. "Me and Matt got in a fight a few days before we were cursed. I don't even remember what it was, I just want to fix it." Lance knew that name. Then it clicked. "Matt Holt?" He asked. This made all of the objects stop. "What?" He said. "You know him?" Pidge asked tearing up. Lance nodded. "You live in that village?" Hunk said emphasizing the word that. Lance nodded again. "How is he doing?" Pidge asked. "Matt is great. I mean, he doesn't really get me, but he is quite forgetful." Lance said and laughed. Pidge bombarded him with questions and he did his best to answer. "But why doesn't Matt seem to realize your missing? Or any of you for that matter?" Lance inquired of the objects. "The enchantress cursed the village to forget us, that way they wouldn't come looking for us. They will remember us again if we become human." Pidge replied.

He turned to Hunk. "What would you do if you became human again?" Hunk thought for a second. "I would tell the girl I love how I feel. I had so many opportunities but I never did. I wonder how she is doing? Her name is Shay. I wonder if she is even single?" He chuckled. "Shay dated around for a bit, but she decided that none of the boys in the village were for her. She said she felt like someone was missing. Maybe she means you." He said. This made Hunk feel giddy.

"I would travel. Just see the world. I have been in this castle long enough." Allura said. "I'd want to settle a bit in the village. Go to school." Romelle told Lance.

"What would you do Shiro?" Lance asked him. Shiro looked sad. "I need to tell someone sorry as well. The night that we got cursed, Adam begged me not to go. He said he had a horrible feeling about it. I told him I needed to be there to help Keith. He said that he might not be there when I got back if I left. I kissed him and left. I just want to tell him I'm sorry." Shiro was crying at this point. Lance got up and hugged him. It felt a little awkward to hug a piece of furniture. But Shiro appreciated the gesture.

"How is he?" Shiro asked Lance. "He works. He just goes throughout the day. When I was little I asked him why he was so sad. He said it was because he felt as if a piece of himself was missing." Lance stepped back. Shiro was crying silently now. "I'm sorry I brought up these painful memories." He said. "It was good to talk about. And it was good to hear about our loved ones." Pidge told him and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Is there anything I can do to help you become human again?" Lance asked them. "Well there is one thing." Romelle said and was about to finish before Pidge covered her mouth. "You don't need to concern yourself with. We will make it work." Allura said. Lance nodded and the objects left to go and get dinner ready. What could Romelle have possibly said?