Chapter 17

The objects in the castle were trying to figure out what to do when the heard stomping outside. They thought it might be Lance coming back, but it was the village. "Invaders." Hunk said. They ran to the door to try stop the mob from getting in. Shiro at the front, since he was the largest and heaviest. "Hunk, this isn't working." Shiro said. He thought for a minute. "I know." And he enacted his plan.

Pidge had gone off to warn Keith. "Master, there are invaders." Keith was still looking sadly at the rose. Another petal fell. Only three left. "It doesn't matter now. Just let them come." Pidge ran to help the others. She wouldn't stand for it. She saw that the other objects were acting like just that, objects, and she joined in.

Back in the village, using something sharp his father had in his pocket, Lance had picked the lock, grabbed Blue, and was now riding to the castle. He had to warn Keith.

At the castle the mob just got in and was confused by the hoard of objects that were in the foyer. Once everyone was inside, Hunk shouted "Now." And all of the objects started attacking. Some of the people started leaving. Luckily, Matt and Pidge were far away from each other. So were Shiro and Adam. And Hunk and Shay. But Lotor was off to find the Beast.

Lance got there and ran inside. He saw the objects. "Where is he." He asked and the objects pointed towards the West Wing.

Lotor found Keith and aimed his bow. Keith saw, but he didn't care. There was only one petal left. Lotor took the shot. Keith screamed as the arrow stabbed him in the side. Lotor kicked him out the window. "To kind and gentle to fight back, huh beast." Lotor taunted. Keith just stayed there. "Were you in love with him. Did you honestly think that he would want you, when he could have someone like me." He was taunting Keith, trying to get him to fight back, but it wasn't working. Lotor kept kicking him closer and closer to the edge. "Fight back." He screamed.

"Keith." Lance shouted from the balcony. He and Lotor both looked up and saw him. "Lance." He said happily. Lotor was about to stab Keith, but Keith stopped him. He grabbed his arm and dangled him over the edge of the castle. "No, please, don't hurt me beast." Keith frowned and growled. "I am not a beast. Now leave." Keith said dropping him on the roof. Then he started to climb up to Lance. Just as the grabbed hands, Lotor stabbed Keith in the side. He roared. Lance grabbed Keith and pulled him over the balcony, but Lotor fell. He screamed, and then it just stopped.

Lance just layed Keith on the ground. Keith was now breathing with great labor. "You came back." Keith said. Lance held Keith's hand. "Of course. I couldn't just let them hurt you. I'm sorry, this is all my fault." Lance cried. "At least I got to see you, one last time." Keith said. "Don't talk like that. Now that we are together, everything will be okay." Lance told him. "I love you." Keith said and then took his last breath, and closed his eyes. This made Lance pause and cry really hard. "No, please, you can't just say that and die. Don't die on me. Because I love you too." Lance cried and held Keith. The objects watched the scene, and the last rose petal fall. Keith was gone, and they would never be human again.