Chapter 16

Lance was riding on Blue and he found his father. He put Coran on the horse and went back to their house. Lance began taking care of him. What he didn't know was that Ezor had seen them come back and had gone to tell Lotor.

As Lance took care of Coran, he began to wake up. "Lance. I, I thought I would never see you again." Coran hugged his son. "I'm home now." Lance said hugging back. "How did you get away from the beast?" Coran asked him. "I didn't. When we figured out you were in trouble, Keith let me go." Lance said emphasizing his name. Then there was a knocking at the door. Zarkon, Ezor, and all of the villagers were outside. "Can I help you?" Lance asked Zarkon, which is who knocked. "Yes, I am looking for your father. You see, we are here to collect him." He said pointing to the carriage from the asylum. "My father is not crazy." Lance yelled.

At this point Coran had gotten up and was at the door behind Lance. "The other night he was raving about a beast. Tell us again. How tall was the beast?" Ezor taunted. "I'd say he was about seven, no, eight feet." He said and the villagers all laughed. Among them Lance saw all of the object loved ones and his heart broke. People had come up behind and were taking Coran to the carriage. Lance ran after them. Lotor came up from behind. "Oh, Lance, I'm sorry about your father." Lance looked and saw the smug look on his face but it didn't really register. "You know he isn't crazy." Lance said. "Well of course, you know, I could you my reputation to fix this little mix up, if, you agree to marry me." Lotor said. Lance looked mortified. He figured it out. This was Lotor's plan. "I can fix this if you say one little word. "Never." Lance said. "Fine then. Take him away." Lotor said.

Lance ran inside and grabbed the mirror. "I can prove that my father isn't crazy. Show me Keith." Lance said to the mirror and he appeared in the mirror and the villagers all saw and stepped back in fright. "No, please don't be afraid. It's just Keith, he is kind, and gentle. He's my best friend." Lance said fondly looking at Keith in the mirror. This made Lotor jealous and he came up with another plan. "The monster has her under some sort of spell. It's a beast."

"He's no monster Lotor. You are." Lance said with disgust. This hardened Lotor's decision. "This thing is clearly a monster. I say we kill it. How can we be safe until he is dead. Look him in the carriage. We can't have them running off to warn the beast." Coran and Lance got locked in the carriage, while the village, went off to go and kill Keith.