Chapter 7

Hunk was talking to the staff in the kitchen as everyone prepared for dinner. "Imagine it. He could be the one. The one to break the spell." He said excitedly to Allura and Pidge. "Or, you could be getting your hopes up for no reason." Pidge said annoyed. "It seems to me as if the boy hates the master."

And they were right. As Lance sat on the bed crying, all he could do was cry and think about how much he hated the beast that did this. It was his choice to take his fathers place, but the beast locked his father away in the first place. He didn't understand why either. He also didn't understand how he could be so cold.

Lance then heard a knock at the door. He wiped his tears away. "Who is it?" He asked. "Ms. Allura, I thought you might like a good cup of tea. May I come in?" A woman asked from the other side of the door. Lance told her yes, but was startled when he saw that it was a teapot with eyes, and mouth, and it was like the spout was her nose. There was a teacup next to her that was also alive. "Your alive?" He said very confused. "Of course. So am I." A man's voice said from the wardrobe. He realized that it had eyes and a mouth as well.

"So would you like that cup of tea?" Allura asked. Lance nodded. Allura poured some into Romelle, and she hoped into Lance's open hand. The tea tasted really good. But Lance found it weird that the cup he was drinking out of was a living thing. "Thank you." He said and smiled for the first time since being in the castle. "That was a very brave thing that you did my dear." Allura told Lance. "We all think so." The wardrobe said. "But I lost my father, my dreams, my freedom, everything." He said sadly. "It'll turn out all right in the end, you'll see."

Allura left to go help get dinner ready. "Now, it is time that you get ready for dinner." The wardrobe said and started opening draws looking for the perfect outfit. "I'm not going to dinner." Lance said. "Oh but you must." The tea cup insisted. Just then the clock wandered in. She did a cough for attention. "Dinner, is served." She told them and started to lead the way. "I'm not going to dinner." He said. The three tried their best to convince the boy to come but it was of no use. So they went down to the dining room, preparing themselves for the hell that was about to be unleashed.

Down stairs, the Beast was pacing back and forth waiting. Allura and Hunk were trying to calm him down. "Why isn't he here yet?" He asked clearly frustrated. "Oh sir, try to be patient. He lost his father and his freedom all in one day." He didn't really like this answer and continued to pace.

"Master have you thought that this boy could be the one to break the spell?" Hunk said excitedly. "Of course." He replied. "And it is foolish." Hunk ignored that last part. "Good, you fall in love with him, and he falls in love with you and poof. We will all be human again before the end of dinner." He said. "That isn't how it works. These things take time." Allura told him. "But the rose." He said now nervous. "I know." Was all she said as they continued to watch their master pace about the dining room.

"It's crazy, look at him, and look at me." The beast said. "You must help him see past that." He paused. "I don't know how." Allura rolled her eyes. "Start by making yourself more presentable. Straighten up. Try to act like a gentleman for goodness sakes." He obeyed. "When he comes in, give him your best smile. Come on, show us the smile." His smile looked more menacing and scary than anything else. "Eh, we will work on it." This made the beast frown. Then Hunk and Allura started to give advice on after another. "Impress him with you great wit." Hunk said. "But be gentle."

"Shower him with compliments."

"But be sincere." They continued to give more and more advice, with slight contradictions of each other. They finally both said. "But above all. You must control your temper." This made him frown. He had never been very good at that. Then the door opened and Pidge entered. "Well where is he?" The beast asked his servant. "Well, um, the thing is, at the moment, he is in the process of, well, you see, he's not coming." She finally said. "What." The beast screamed. The scream could be heard all throughout the castle.

He ran towards the boys room and knocked. His servants ran after him trying to stop him. "I told you to join me for dinner."

"I'm not hungry." Was the response. "Come out, or I'll, I'll break down the door." He said getting ready to do so before Hunk interrupted him. "That may not be the best way to go about winning the boys affections." The Pidge chimed in. "Please attempt to be somewhat of a gentleman." This made him mad. "But can't you see that he is being so difficult. It was a simple task." He said running his hands through his hair. "Gently." Allura said. He sighed.

"Will you come down to dinner?" He asked somewhat grumpily. "No." What the reply on the other side of the door. Keith gestured to the door while looking at his servants. His servants gestured for him to try again. "Please." He said. "No thank you." Was the reply. "You can't stay in there for forever." The beast yelled. "Oh yes I can. Watch me." Lance replied. "Fine. Then go ahead and starve." He screamed. Then he turned to his servants. "If he doesn't eat with me, then he doesn't eat at all." Then he ran to the West Wing.

"That didn't go very well." Allura said. "Hunk, stand guard. Let us know if anything changes." Hunk saluted. "Come Allura. Let's clean up." And they walked away.