Chapter 4

Lance was at home reading. Lotor could see him through the window. He had set up their wedding. For who could resist what he was about to offer. He turned around to make sure that everything was ready. The priest was ready, the band, the banquet, and the guests. However three girls that Lotor could never recall the names off were crying and stewing in jealous. Lotor was in his best suit. He turned to Ezor. "Now remember, when we walk out the door together," Ezor cut him off. "I strike up the band." She said and turned to demonstrate. "Not yet." Lotor whisper yelled. "Sorry."

Lotor turned to his guests. "Thank you all for coming. Now I just have to go inside and propose." He said with a wink. This got some laughs from everyone. He turned and walked towards the small house.

Lance was inside, reading his new book and enjoying himself immensely while waiting for his father to return. He heard a knock at the door and went to answer it. He checked the little machine his father created that allowed him to see who was at the door. He rolled his eyes and stuck his tongue out in disgust. Then he composed himself and opened the door. "Hello Lotor, can I help you?" He said as Lotor stepped in and Lance backed up. "No, but I think I can help you. You see," Lotor paused, looked in the mirror, and cleaned his with his tongue, then continued. "You see, today is the day that all of your dreams finally come true." He said while trying to step closer. This made Lance back up even more.

"What could you possibly know about my dreams?" Lance asked dead serious. He dreamed of adventure. "Plenty, just picture. My latest kill roasting on the fire. The kids and dogs playing on the floor, while my lovely little husband rubs my tired feet." Lotor kept advancing while Lance had rounded the table in order to avoid him. "And do you know who that will be?" Lance didn't like where this was going. "Let me think?" He said in a question even though he was pretty sure who Lotor had in mind. Then his back hit the wall. Lotor was right in front of him, arms blocking Lance from both sides. "You." He said.

Then Lance realized he was against the door. "I, I don't know what to say." Lance said fiddling for the door knob. "Say you'll marry me." Lotor then started to lean in for a kiss. "Quiznak" Lance thought then he touched the door knob. "I'm sorry, but I just, I don't think it would work." He said and turned the door knob, stepping out of the way, and Lotor fell out into the mud. Lance shut the door and sighed in relief after closing the door. But then Lance had realized something. Once he opened the door, he heard he comes the bride start playing. He could still hear it. "That arrogant ass set up a wedding before he even knew if I'd say yes." He was furious.

Lotor was furious as well. He stood up covered in mud and dejected. Ezor stopped the music. "So how did it go?" She asked. Lotor just pushed Ezor in the mud and stopped away. The wedding party, realizing that there wouldn't actually be a wedding, cleaned up. When they went away, Lance came outside. "I can't believe it. He thought I would marry him right then and there. Just imagine me married the that boorish and brainless ass. Me, his lovely little husband." He said frustratedly to the animals around him.

He ran to his favorite spot to be alone. The top of a nearby hill. He like to sit up here and think, or talk to himself. He sat and hugged his knees to his chest, then he picked a dandelion. "I want adventure. I want to explore the world." He said when he heard a horse whinny behind him. It was Blue. He stood up and ran to her. "Blue, what happened. Where is Papa, take me to him." Lance unhooked the wagon, they ran back the the house, Lance grabbed his cloak, and the rode off to the forest.