Chapter 4

Eva groaned when her alarm rang in her ear. She so desperately wanted to press the snooze button, but managed to drag herself out of bed. She did her morning routine and headed downstairs.

"You okay? You look like crap." Micah greeted her and continued to dig back into a bowl of cereal.

"Thanks." Eva dragged out. "That's what every girl wants to hear in the morning," Eva said sarcastically as she went to the fridge. "Why are you in my house again?" She snapped as she looked for something to lift her mood. She hadn't slept much. Her phone was on non-stop buzzing last night because of the topic. She didn't know so many people from her school followed her.

"You have food." Micah shrugged like it was obvious.

"Okay, let me rephrase the question." Eva closed the fridge with a jug of orange juice in her hand. "How did you get in to my house?" She lifted a brow as she poured a glass for herself and Micah.

"Your mom let me in on her way out. Plus it's my turn to drive."

"Exactly, so you're supposed to be feeding me." Eva flicked his nose.

Micah yelped in pain.

"And you better not have eaten all my cereal." Eva warned and went to the pantry for a cookies 'n' cream poptart after put the jug of OJ back into the fridge.

"Whatever. You know the only reason why you get this cereal is because of me." He stuck out his tongue childishly.

"Shove it." Eva grabbed an apple for later and her bag. "Let's go!" She rushed Micah out of the door.

Surprisingly on the ride to school Micah hadn't brought up Yours Truly. Eva was too afraid to bring it up first so she left it alone. Once they pulled up to the school yard, the parking lot was busier than a beehive. Huddles of students were everywhere. Eva had never seen so many people in one area outside of pep rallies and school games.

"What's going on?" Evangeline asked as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

"I don't know. Let's go find out."

They climbed out of the car. Micah walked up to one of his soccer mates.

"David!"

David turned to acknowledged Micah.

"What's going on?"

"Everyone is talking about that blog, Let's Talk. They want that blogger to be our representative for convincing the assistant principal about the annual dance."

The color drained from Eva's face.

"You all right there?" David glanced at Eva.

She nodded. She was too afraid to speak.

"Thanks man. See you at practice." Micah basically dismissed David and put all his focus on Eva. "Ev, you okay? You look like you're about to be sick." Micah placed a worried hand on Evangeline's shoulder. He noticed she was trembling. "Ev, look at me." His voice grew urgent as he cupped her cheeks.

Her eyes looked at him, but they seemed to be glazed over. She was lost in her rr own world. She couldn't understand why everyone wanted her to speak. She couldn't do that! What was everyone thinking?

"Please, Evangeline. Snap out of it." He whispered.

Eva blinked rapidly before she could see Micah's face inches away before her own. "What happened?" Her voice sounded hoarse and foreign.

"You were on the verge of having a panic attack. What happened?"

Eva was about to answer until she noticed the crowd of curious stares Micah seemed oblivious to.