Chapter 9

Eva groaned as a loud jingle played in her ear. Brushing the hair from her face, she reached for her cell phone blindly.

"What time is it?" She croaked.

"Eva?"

"Micah? What's wrong?"

"What did you post last night?" He yelled.

Eva pulled the phone away from her ear and glanced at her alarm clock. It was 5 in the morning. The boy had finally lost his mind.

"What are you talking about?"

"The girl I'm supposed to see later today is talking about how I'm so excited to going on our date and the other girls are getting pissed about it."

"I don't understand what this has to do with me and why you're calling me at 5 in the morning." Eva snapped.

"This is your fault! You don't think before you blog!"

"Excuse me?"

Eva felt her anger grow. It was a crazy hour and her best friend had the nerve to yell at her for what? For doing what she's done for years.

"Ev, I'm the face of Let's Talk so now whatever you post reflects onto me. You have to be careful about what you say." He softened his voice.

"It's my blog, Micah. There aren't supposed to be rules about it."

"I know, Eva, but it's not just you anymore."

Eva rubbed her forehead, trying to ease the impending headache. He was right. Now she had to be more cautious about what she says. She couldn't be selfish about her thoughts anymore.

"OK. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I didn't mean to blow up on you like that."

"I know. Now, can I go back to sleep?" Eva not understanding why the issue couldn't have waited at a decent hour.

"Yeah. Bye."

"Bye." Eva hung up her phone and placed it back on her nightstand.

She had no clue how she was going to be able to control what she writes on her blog. She flopped back onto her bed, hoping to get some sleep.

"EVA, I'M HEADING out to work for a few, but I will be back before your date, okay?" Eva's mom kissed her forehead.

Eva frowned. Her mother never really announced when she was leaving before.

"Yes, Mom. You've been telling me that ever since you woke me up this morning." Evangeline sipped on a hot mug of hot chocolate.

"I know, I just don't want you to think I've forgotten."

"Trust me I don't. Oh, and Micah is supposed to be coming over later so we can work on an assignment."

"Okay, just remember the rules."

Eva gasped. "There are rules?"

"Very funny. See you later." Her mother kissed her forehead once again before leaving.

"Bye, Mom!" Once she heard her mother's car drive out the driveway, she sighed. "Alone at last." She went add more marshmallows to her drink before she grabbed her phone to call up Micah. Weekends were always beautiful.

"Hey, it's me. I'm not here so you know." Micah's voicemail answered her immediately.

She hung up and tried again. She received his voicemail again.

"Hey, Micah it's me. Don't forget that we have plans today. Bye." She hung up. "You can call me at 5 o'clock in the morning, but can't answer the phone around noon?" Eva muttered as she went up to her room.