Chapter 8

Eva yawned and woke up from her late night nap. As soon as she got home, she went straight to the couch and was out in no time. She didn't even have enough energy to tell anyone that she was home. As she shifted, she felt the blanket laying on her.

She imagined her mother seeing her out cold on the sofa. It was an odd thing for her, but at least her mother didn't wake her. Wiping the sleep off of her face, Eva sat up and glanced at the cable box.

It read 2:45 a.m.

Giving herself one more minute to wake up, she grabbed her shoes and bag from the floor as she trudged upstairs. After a shower, Eva felt brand new. She flopped onto her bed and opened up her laptop.

She chewed on her thumb nail in anticipation. She hasn't felt this nervous since her elementary spelling bee. That was the first and last time she did something in front of people. She realized she had the worst case of stage fright in history.

When her laptop finally loaded, she logged onto her familiar website and gasped.

It was more active than it has ever been!

Luis_997: Dude how come you never told me this was you!

Amandaplease: OH MY GOD MICAH!!! I can't believe you're "Yours Truly"!!! Call me (;

WxrkBxtch: I always agreed with your opinions. I always thought you could be Yours Truly.

DannyplusSoccer: Now you're a sports legend and a blogger legend! Awesome man!

The comments continued like that. Eva felt like she should be relieved that the hate comments were gone. She wanted to, but now that her blog was being blown up by Micah's groupies. She didn't know how to feel. A ping notified her that she received a private message. She looked to find it from Unknown.

Unknown: Remember lies always come back to bite you.

Now she felt even more on edge. She had forgotten someone knew she was the owner of Yours Truly. Would they sell her out? Would they tell everyone that Micah lied? What would people do then? Would they turn against him? Would he turn against her because of it all?

NerdByDay_BloggerByNight: Don't tell anyone. Please.

Unknown is typing...

Eva nearly went berserk as the time ticked on. It seemed like Unknown was typing a long reply. What would it say? Would he black mail her? Could she handle black mail?

"Come on and reply already!" Eva hissed at the laptop.

Unknown: I won't.

Eva sat with her mouth hanging open. She should be thrilled they said they wouldn't tell, but did they really have to put her through all that madness to say they would keep her secret? She closed the chat and viewed the massive growing comments.

Let's Talk: As exciting and magical my revelation about my identity is, I still want you to do the same as you did before. Be yourself. If we aren't ourselves than what's the point of having different foods, cultures, clothes, or even personalities? I'm just a kid that goes to high school like everyone else. Nothing else, so please treat me as such. I will speak to the principal about the dance now that everyone knows who I am. I am honored to do this for all this.

-Yours Truly.

Another round of massive comments were added to her recent post, but only one bothered Eva.

Unknown: I noticed you didn't add a quote. I think this one is nice, "Cowards can never be moral." -Mahatma Gandhi

Eva could tell this Unknown person was going to cause her a lot of trouble. Closing her laptop, she tried to ignore the worry and tried to get some sleep. There was nothing she could do. What has been done is done.