Chapter 6

The bell startled Eva awake. She quickly grabbed her things together and tried to scurry out with all the other students unnoticed.

She was ashamed she fell asleep during class. It was so unlike her. All the stress from the blog wasn't doing her any good. She forced herself to stay awake in the rest of her classes.

Lunch came all too soon and she was more than grateful. She looked for her best friend to confirm that she wanted him to be the face of Let's Talk. She didn't want to think about it anymore. The job was his if he really wanted it.

"Micah!" Eva caught a glimpse of his back walking with his soccer buddies.

He turned to look for her in the crowd. She waved her hand high so he'd see her. She couldn't help she was so short. She was nearly swallowed in the sea of hungry teenagers.

"Eva, everything okay?" He frowned as he caught up to her.

"Yeah, I just need to talk to you." She glanced at his friends still waiting for him to catch up.

He looked behind him to see what caught her eye. "I'll catch up to you guys in a little bit." Micah waved them off and steered Eva off to the side, away from nosy ears.

"What's up?"

"I think you should do it." She muttered. Eva hadn't known it would feel this bad when she said it out loud.

It felt as though she was signing over her life to the devil.

"Think I should do what?" He frowned.

Eva smacked her forehead at her friend's ignorance. "The blog, Micah." She hissed lowly as she looked for eavesdroppers.

Being the blogger had turned her paranoid.

"Oh! Wait...you're agreeing to it? Are you sure?"

"Are you seriously trying to talk me out of it after you've talked me in to it?" Eva rolled her eyes.

"Fine. So what should I do?" He rubbed the back of his neck.

Eva smiled. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're nervous." She teased.

He ruffled her hair. "Me? Never."

She swatted his hand away. "Whatever. I don't know what you should do. It's not like I have any kind of guide." She started toward the cafeteria with Micah in tow.

"We could let it slip to someone and let it start from there." He suggested.

"Are you suggesting to start a gossip wildfire?" Eva raised a brow.

Micah shrugged again. "It's easier than trying to get detention again. My mom will kill me if that happens again."

Eva nodded in understanding. "So who do we tell?" She had no clue who gossiped the most. Micah was her only friend she talked to besides Abigail and Abigail didn't busy herself with gossip.

"I guess Rebecca." Micah stood in line for food.

Eva stood behind him. "Okay, who's going to tell them?" She grabbed a tray.

Micah looked at her before grabbing a cheese burger. She stopped.

"You can't be serious."

"Can you keep moving? Some of us are starved." A guy behind her complained.

She blushed and muttered an apology before she grabbed a bowl of chicken noodle casserole. She continued to follow Micah down the line.

"Anyone can claim it's them. Someone has to be caught with the information." He focused on the food.