Chapter Forty-Nine

Apologies for the errors ahead. 

Jin rolled on the bed, but the chilly air on his skin forced him to open his eyes, and he frowned when he realized he was alone in bed. He got up, pulled the blanket over his body, and started hunting for his phone, not remembering where he had put it the night before. He wasn't sure whether he had carried it into the room with him or if he had left it in the living room near the sleeping bag.

"Jungkook?" he murmured, unsure whether Jungkook was in the bathroom. When he didn't get an answer, he got out of bed, leaving the sheet behind. He pulled on his pajama shorts before grabbing Jungkook's t-shirt off the chair and wearing it over his pajama shorts as it dropped to his thighs.

He and Jungkook had a long night, which is why he was surprised to find himself alone in bed, stretching his arms and letting out a small groan from the pain of his muscles. He had expected Jungkook to be in bed with him even though he knew he was a morning person. Sighing to himself, he walks to the bathroom to use it along with brushing his teeth and washing his face.

Having finished, he exited the room to locate Jungkook and figure out where he had disappeared so early in the morning.

When he entered the living room, he was able to find his phone but saw no one; however, when he heard a noise in the kitchen, he went there and found everyone there, except Jungkook.

"Good morning!" He greets with a smile, "how did you all sleep."

"Good morning Jin, we're nearly done with breakfast, and when you and Jungkook left the room, I slept fairly well." Yoongi was the first to answer, flashing Jin a grin that instantly made him turn him crimson.

"I told you not to say anything," Jimin smacked Yoongi's arm. "Please ignore him; I slept like a baby last night."

"Me, too," Hoseok says as he looks across at Taehyung, who winked at him.

Jin couldn't help but stammer an apology as he walked to the refrigerator in search of something refreshing to drink. "Has anybody seen Jungkook?"

"He went for a morning run; he should be back here soon."

"Oh, alone?" Jin said, looking at Taehyung, who had responded to him.

"Yeah, I was too lazy to go with him."

"I was under the impression you didn't go because he didn't invite you?" Hoseok inquired, leading Taehyung to roll his eyes. "He didn't invite me because I was still sleeping, and he knew I'd be cranky if he woke me up."

"Right, if you say so."

Jin merely smiled at the two as he walked out of the kitchen and out the front door of the lakehouse, dialing Jungkook's phone, which unfortunately went straight to voicemail.

He sighed deeply and started walking towards the lake, putting his arms about himself since the morning was cooler than he had anticipated. He walks to the end of the jetty, gazing out at the water and admiring how quiet and serene everything was around him. He could see why Yoongi wanted to go to the lake house; it was stunning in every way.

He takes out his phone and takes a few pictures for his memories before putting it away to avoid it falling into the water.

"Going for a swim?" Jin turned around as soon as he heard Jungkook's voice and saw him approaching him. His eyes widen when he notices Jungkook isn't wearing a shirt and is simply wearing shorts.

"Aren't you cold?"

"Nope, I was working out," Jungkook shook his head as he approached Jin. "How did you sleep last night? It's unexpected to see you awake so early."