Chapter Sixty-Nine

A/N: Sixty-Nine without 69 😔

*****

Jin took a deep breath as he stood outside Jungkook's apartment door. After six months of dating, he had accepted Jungkook's offer to have dinner at his home. It was the second time either of them had visited the other's house since his return to Korea. He had attempted to avoid situations like these for his sanity, but since the rain was not holding up outside, their initial plans had to be scrapped, and Jungkook recommended not to waste the night. 

Pressing the bell and clutching the bottle of wine he was carrying, not wanting to arrive empty-handed, knowing Jungkook would be handling the meal, he waited for him to open the door.

After a little while, Jungkook appeared, opening the door and greeting Jin with a smile, "I thought you would be here thirty minutes ago." He kisses Jin's cheek as he leans in closer.

Jin returned his smile, and his gaze wandered over Jungkook, taking in his outfit, a short-sleeve shirt and sweatpants. He seemed comfortable and at home, but he also appeared immensely tempting, as he did every time Jin stumbled upon him.

"Please accept my apologies; I lost track of time. Hoseok requested my help in the form of virtual babysitting while he showered."

"I'm starting to believe you do it for him daily," Jungkook said with a laugh. "Come on in; I was starting to get bored of waiting and was going to start preparing dinner when you arrived. You are welcome to make yourselves comfortable; my home is now your home."

When Jin walked in, he took a quick look around, noting both his and Jungkook's apartments looked to have an identical layout. He wasn't sure whether this was the case throughout, but it appeared to be the case from his present perspective.

"Wait, you didn't start on dinner yet?"

"No, I decided instead of me cooking, we can cook together."

Jin's eyes shifted to Jungkook, "why didn't you tell me this? I would have come earlier."

"I called; you didn't answer."

"Oh, I'm sorry, that happened when I was babysitting," When Jin recalls the reason for his failure to answer Jungkook's phone call, he laughs. "I brought wine."

Taking Jin's hand in his own, Jungkook pulls him towards him, his arm slithering around Jin's waist, "how is it that you keep getting more and more handsome every time I see you?" Jungkook wonders.

"Can you tell me what we're cooking?" After breaking eye contact with Jungkook and getting out of his arms, Jin asks the question.

"It all depends on what you want to eat." Jungkook answers by locking his gaze on Jin.

"Anything is fine with me," Jin says with a shrug. "Did you have anything particular in mind?"

"I do, but it doesn't seem to be on the menu right now." Jungkook chews his lower lip, his brows raised, and his gaze is fixed on Jin.

"Let's go to your kitchen, and we'll work something out," Jin says after swallowing. "I'm starving, and I assumed you were already preparing dinner. Perhaps we can place an order."

He didn't wait for Jungkook to react before continuing on his way to where he assumed the kitchen was located.

As he went away, he said to himself, "Be strong, Seokjin," in a whisper.

Jungkook smiled and followed him, "are you ignoring me, Seokjin?"

"Can you tell me what you're talking about? I have no intention of doing anything like that." Jin answers with a grin as he enters the kitchen and walks toward the food pantry. "Wow, you have a lot of groceries; I'm quite impressed with your organizational skills. My cupboard is completely depleted; I need to go food shopping, or maybe you can assist me with this." He casts a glance over his shoulder, his gaze falling on Jungkook. "I wouldn't mind if you do my grocery shopping for me."