Chapter Fifty-Eight

A/N: I had planned to end my weekend updates with a Taejin book, but someone messaged asking for another update. While I am not usually that accommodating, I understand their pain but confirmed this chapter wouldn't make them feel much better. Anyway, here you go.

Jin sat down on Jungkook's couch in his apartment, his laptop on his lap, while he worked on his homework, while Jungkook went outside to get them dinner for the evening. Given the chilly weather, Jin was not in the mood to go outdoors, and he wanted to complete his homework as well. The solitude of being alone without Jungkook was just what he needed at the time.

He was thinking about many things, and even while he was eager to talk with Jungkook, he was also nervous. Although he did not want things to be misinterpreted because he knew Jungkook thought he was insecure, he did not like how Jungkook spoke about some things. He admired Jungkook's straightforwardness, but he strongly believed there was a better way to say things that did not cause others to feel offended or hurt.

However, it is probable that he was too sensitive, which might explain why Jungkook was hesitant to pursue a proper relationship with him. He was unsure, but he was hopeful that they would solve the problem.

When Jungkook returned, Jin finished submitting his assignment and got up from the couch to welcome Jungkook. "What did you get, pizza?"

"Yes, do you want to eat now or later?"

"Please, now, thank you very much. Can we dine in the dining room? I would like us to find a place where we can have a conversation comfortably." Jin says while taking the pizza box from Jungkook and making his way into the dining room.

"I was hoping you would say later. Are you staying the night?" Jungkook inquires as he closes the distance between him and Jin and wraps his arms around his waist.

"I don't think so, but I will stay for a while after we eat," Jin responded and pulled away from Jungkook.

Jungkook followed behind him while he took off his sweater, "spend the night; it's cold out there. I can take you home in the morning."

Jin didn't say anything as he placed the pizza boxes on the table, then he looked around, "ahh, plates, I will go get them." He disappeared into the kitchen, where he obtained two plates for himself and Jungkook and water before returning to the dining room, where he saw Jungkook already sitting and eating his pizza.

"Well, aren't you hungry?"

"I am; now sit down and eat; what do you want to talk about?"

Jin took a seat and a slice of pizza, which he ate in small bites while he attempted to collect his thoughts before talking to Jungkook about the situation. He hoped that Jungkook would not misunderstand his words or find him annoying.

I want to speak about what happened last night at the museum to avoid misunderstandings. I feel compelled to say this because, if I don't, I will most likely continue to overthink things, which I do not want to do at this point. Yesterday, I was thrilled that you brought me someplace you love visiting; I felt special, and I spent some time trying to figure out what it is about art that you find appealing. I had a strong sense that we were bonding there, but then you spoiled it.

Since the first time I met you, I have seen that you are direct and honest in your communication, which is a wonderful thing. I am always honest, but I am not like you. It is possible that you do not care when you say anything, Jungkook, and it comes across that way. I am not sure whether that is the case. Because, at the same time, you do things that show me something different, and I am a lost Jungkook. To be honest, I am baffled by the whole situation.