Chapter Sixty-Five

"Meeting the right person at the wrong time is bittersweet. Like you know they're that special someone but you also know that the both of you still need to work on yourselves before pursuing each other. But God knows when the right time is and will cross your paths again." – Karan Gaur.

******

10 Years Later!

Seokjin took a few steps back and glanced around the empty room, memories of the last six years pouring back to him, all the laughter and cherished moments replaying in his memory. He forced a grin on his lips, but it couldn't keep the tears from streaming down his face. An exhale was heard, and he grabbed the last suitcase that was lying by his side and rolled it out of the room, turning out the lights as he did so, bidding farewell to yet another chapter of his life.

*****

"I've heard he's back on the market."

"It doesn't matter whether he's single; do you think he'll give you a second glance?"

"Can you explain what you mean by that? Are you suggesting that I'm not his type?"

"Are you insinuating that you are?"

"Oh, shut up, Dr. Jeon! Good morning, Doctor! How are you this morning?"

After passing by a group of nurses, Jungkook grinned and waved as he made his way towards the elevator in the building.

"He's a real hottie! Are you certain he's not dating anybody else?"

"Yup, I heard it straight from the breakroom yesterday, he got dumped, or he dumped the guy; I don't care."

"Of course, it wouldn't matter to you; all you want is to be the next person in line."

"Do you think I'm to blame?"

"No!"

The corridor was filled with laughter as the nurses bragged over their favorite anesthesiologist, Dr. Jeon Jungkook.

*****

"Can you tell me who our first patient of the day is?" The question comes from Jungkook, who enters a message into his phone and shoves it into his pocket.

In his hands, Taehyung opened the chart and said, "We have a person who is undergoing heart surgery. "He'll be under anesthesia for eight hours."

"Cool. What time are we needed?"

"Not until the next thirty minutes, at the earliest. I had previously visited him and his family and chatted with them. I informed them that we would serve as their anesthesiologist. Have you finished packing and moving yet?"

"No, that's why I was running late, the movers were late this morning, but I gave them instructions that everything should be relocated by tonight," Jungkook said, shaking his head. "By the way, this is something I will never do again. I've made up my mind about what I want to do. I'm not the right person for that. How is Hoseok doing these days?"

"Stop giving up so quickly," Taehyung says as he leans against the wall, his gaze fixed on his best friend. "You and he were horrible together, and I warned you that it wouldn't work, but you didn't listen to me."

"He was pregnant, and I was doing the right thing! What was I meant to do, throw him out, ignore him?"

"That was two years ago, and he had a miscarriage, so you had the opportunity to call it quits at that point."