BALANCE

Isabella is in the back of Stiles's jeep with Liam and Mason next to her.

Scott and Stiles are in the front. The others are in Lydia's car as they head to the Ice skating rink in the town. Isabella has never had experience ice skating so this is all new to her, but despite that, she's excited to hang out with her new friends. The jeep is silent except for the music that's playing on the radio.

"So," Liam starts. "Have any of you guys gone ice skating before?"

Stiles speaks up, "Yeah, actually, a few years ago. But Lydia had a little breadown. Long story."

"I've actually never gone ice skating before," Isabella says.

Scott turns his body so he can face her, "Really?"

"Yeah," she replies.

"Don't worry you'll be fine. You'll learn fast," he smiles, and she smiles back.

Scott turns back around as Isabella stares out the window, watching the scenery pass by. She's still new to Beacon Hills, and she actually managed to get good enough friends who know a lot about the supernatural world. She's not the only newbie at this though. Liam and Mason seem sort of new to it too, but they've still had some experiences.

Just after a few more minutes, Stiles parks the jeep, and Scott gets off then pulls the seat down to get them off. Mason goes first, then Liam, then Isabella. Scott pushes the seat back into place, closes the door, and Stiles presses a button on his keys, making the jeep make a sound.

The others in Lydia's car get off too, and they all head for the entrance. Scott and Stiles talk to the lady on the front desk while the rest wait behind them. Mason decides to speak up.

"Stiles mentioned about you breaking down the last time you guys came here. What happened?" he asks, looking at Lydia.

Lydia makes an embarassed face and replies, "At the time I kept hallucinating Peter Hale, and I saw him through the ice and screamed. I saw wolfsbane too, it was terrible."

"Who's Peter Hale?" Isabella asks.

They all look at her with a facial expression that only brings her the feeling of awkwardness. All of them know him, and she's pretty sure he's not a good guy by just looking at their facial expressions. By this time, Scott and Stiles return to them and notice the scene.

Malia says, "He's my father. A psychopath who likes to kill everyone, really. He died, but then came back to life. We thought he became a good guy but he was acting the whole time."

"Why are you guys talking about Peter?" Stiles asks.

"I got curious. I'm sorry for bringing it up, you guys don't seem to want to talk about him," Isabella says, still embarassed.

"No, Isabella, it's fine. Let's just go in the rink," Scott says, trying to make them feel better.

They all nod in response and follow Scott, Stiles, and Lydia inside, since they've been inside before.

-

Isabella isn't the only one terrible at ice skating.

Malia does nothing but fall on the ice over and over again. Isabella can't say she's doing any better. She keeps gripping onto the sides of the rink, and whenever she lets go, she loses balance then holds on the side again. Stiles is trying to help Malia while she's getting angry at herself for not being able to do something as simple as ice skating.

Scott and Kira are practically racing each other around the rink, laughing and smiling, just having the time of their lives. Liam and Mason are casually skating around and having some kind of conversation that Isabella doesn't feel like listening too. Lydia is doing some really awesome tricks like twirling really fast nonstop and jumping around and not falling at all.

She lets go of the side and tries again, but for the first time, she falls on the ice.

"Ow," she mumbles to herself.

In attempt to get up, she puts her hands in front of her on the ice and tries to push herself up. Right when she thinks she's succeeding, she falls on her stomach, and she groans in pain.

She hears someone skating towards her and stopping. The person bends down with a smile. She looks to her left and sees Liam smiling. It's the type of smile that might evolve into a laugh.

"This is not funny," Isabella says.

Liam starts to laugh, "You're laying on your stomach in an ice rink. It's pretty hilarious."

"Ha ha," Isabella replies sarcastically.

He holds out his hand, and she takes it. He starts to stand up, pulling her with him. As she starts to stand up with his support, she slips again and falls on his chest, nearly making them both fall.

Liam's other hand is on her back, making her heart pound a little faster. He pushes her slightly to balance her. She doesn't let go of his hand so she won't fall again. By the looks of it, Liam doesn't seem to mind.

"Your heart's beating realy fast. You don't wanna transform here," Liam says.

"It's beating fast because I nearly fell on the ice again," she lies.

Liam gives her a look, "Sure. I totally believe you. Becuase I'm not a werewolf and I can't tell whether you're lying or not."

Isabella sighs, "I'm a werewolf too, and I can't do that."

"You'll learn. Trust me. You will." he replies. She looks down. "Here. Let me teach you how to skate properly, okay?"

Isabella nods as he starts to teach her.

"Basically it's like marching." Liam starts to march in place. "Then just slide your feet like this."

His right foot slides forward, then his left. Isabella is holding onto the side, watching him. He skates forward then makes a turn, going back to her. He stops in front of her and holds her hands. He nods at her to reassure her.

Isabella starts to push her right foot forward, then her left. Her knees bend down unintentionally, nearly making her fall. Liam's hands reach down to her waist to catch her, pulling up back up.

She gasps at the sudden movement, and she looks at him. He nods again, smiling. She smiles back, trying again. This time, she gets better. Liam holds her right hand to help her. Together, they skate slowly around the rink.

"You just need to control your feet correctly. If your knees bend down, balance yourself and get back up. Got it?" Liam says.

She nods, "Yeah. Got it."

Isabella looks at Stiles and Malia. She's also getting better, just like her. Then she looks at Lydia who is talking to Mason. They're enjoying their conversation, not in a romantic way, since he's like too young for her, but in a fun way.

As they skate, Isabella starts to feel weird. She smells something familiar. She takes another breath, and she knows exactly what's going on. Liam notices Isabella's suspiciousness.

"Isabella? You okay?" he asks.

She doesn't reply as she looks at the doors they went through just a little while ago. Three men walk through the doors and look straight at Isabella.

By this time, everyone is looking at the doors. None of them know the guys, but Isabella does. They notice this. Scott lets go of Kira's hand and skates toward Isabella and Liam.

"Do you know them?" Scott asks.

Isabella nods.

"Who are they?"

"The pack that turned me," Isabella replies.