ICE RINK

They're here.

The pack the turned Isabella Kaiser into a werewolf is here, right in the same place as her.

She feels Scott and Liam tense next to her. They want to fight. They want to protect her. She can feel it. But she can't let them fight her battle for her. It's not fair for her or for them.

"We'll take 'em." Scott says, his face already changing.

Liam's face changes too. She looks behind her and sees Malia change as well. She looks at Scott again and touches his shoulder right when he's about to run. He stops and looks at her, confused.

Isabella gives him a look and says, "Scott, this is my problem. And besides, we're on ice. How are you gonna fight them on ice?"

"That pack turned you, Isabella. You don't know how to fight yet. We're gonna do it for you," Isabella tries to speak, but Scott talks first. "Willingly. And I've fought on ice before."

Knowing that Scott and the others have more experience than her, she knows she can't argue. Not just that, but he's the alpha. The True Alpha. He knows what he's doing. The least she can do is stand back, so she nods.

Scott looks at the back, as if just a simple glance was a cue to get Malia and Kira to come their way. They skate toward them.

Malia's eyes are glowing blue, and the three werewolves are surprised to see this. They had no idea a werecoyote would ever come their way.

"Scott." Kira says. "My sword's in my bag on the bleachers."

Scott thinks for a moment and replies, "Take it when you get the chance. For now, try to defend yourself."

She nods, even know Isabella can tell she's unsure of what to do to defend herself without her sword. Meanwhile, Liam says nothing but stares straight at the pack by the doors.

"Isabella. I want you to go with Lydia, Stiles, and Mason. You can't fight them." Scott says.

Isabella nods and starts to turn around, but she hears the familiar voice of the alpha saying, "Isbella Kaiser." This makes her stop.

"Isabella go," Scott says.

The other alpha continues, "She's not going anywhere with you and your worthless pack. What kind of True Alpha includes humans and coyotes into their pack? It's called a wolf pack for a reason."

"You forgot one," Scott says, looking down at the ice.

"Forgot what?" asks the alpha.

Scott looks up with his eyes glowing bright red, "We also have a banshee."

He howls loudly, and the rest of the pack does the same. Isabella gets the sudden urge to howl too, but she knows she can't fight that well yet. But she can try.
Isabella starts to howl, and for the first time, she feels strong and powerful. Scott stops, and everyone stops. So does she. Scott looks at her in disbelief.

"I had to the urge. I couldn't help it!" she says.

A sound comes from the door of the ice rink. The two betas run inside and slide their feet towards the pack. Scott pushed Isabella backwards, making her fall. She quickly gets up and skates toward Stiles. He puts his arm on her shoulder.

"You howled," Stiles says, amused.

Isabella looks at him, "Yeah. Why?"

"It was a really good howl."

"Um, thanks?"

"Scott's first time made him sound like a moron transforming into a werehyena or something," he says.