NO WORRIES

Isabella stares at the clock in her room.

It's 2:50. Within 10 minutes, she's gonna meet her...pack for the first time. She still can't take in the fact that she actually left Scott for some lunatic. Now she can't do anything to get out of this situation. Scott's probably mad at her right now.

She sighs and fixes her hair and walks downstairs. She tells Roni that she's leaving, only receiving a nod as a reply. She takes a deep breath and begins to run to the forest, trying to figure out where Marcus and the pack are.

After a few minutes, she senses Marcus and finds him with a few other betas. She stops running and stands next to one of his betas. A few more arrive, which surprises Isabella. Who knew there would be this many werewolves on his side? There are like nine people here, including Marcus and Isabella.

"I called this pack meeting to anounce something," Marcus starts. He looks at Isabella signals her to come forward. She does. "This is Isabella Kaiser. You've all heard of her, and now she's officially part of our family."

Oh, God. Isabella says in her thoughts. Marcus is explaining how she will make a great addition to the pack, blah blah blah, and other random stuff. She's not paying attention, but she's acting like it.

"We're glad to have you here, Isabella. You know Owen. This is Andy, Jake, Christian, Tony, Vincent, and Sam," Marcus introduces as he points to each beta.

Am I even gonna bother trying to remember these names? Nah. Too many people.

She just nods as if she already remembers their names, which is totally false. Marcus continues to speak; something about the cure and how they should all be determined to find it. But what if there is no cure? What if Marcus is just totally insane and has everyone here convinced? Well except for Isabella...and Owen.

Owen must've had gone through what Isabella's experiencing right now. Convinced that he's gonna get him back to normal. It's been three years, and they still haven't found anything. She can't help but imagine the next three years with Marcus, still trying to find the non-existent cure.

God dammit, I'm tired of this. I made a stupid choice to join him. Might as well make another stupid choice.

While Marcus is speaking, Isabella bolts away and breaks into a full on sprint. It doesn't take long before she can hear the pack running after her. She looks back and sees everyone in the pack except for Marcus and Owen. Oh, shit.

She runs faster, dodging trees and jumping over roots. One of the betas, probably Jake, is suddenly neck to neck with her. Instictively, she holds onto a tree, immediately stopping her. The immediate stop makes her body fly for a second, like gymnasts holding onto a pole with their body off the ground. In the process, she kicks Jake on his stomach, causing him to fall to the ground.

When did I become so badass? She smiles, impressed with herself.

She looks behind her and sees the pack still running after her. She continues her run, passing by the groaning Jake. The impact of the kick must've been really hard. One of the perks of being a werewolf. At least she can see the perks of being a werewolf, unlike some other idiots.

Isabella immediately stops running when she notices Marcus and Owen in front of her. She turns to the back and sees the rest close by. Whether she chooses to go left or right, she's got no chance. They'll catch her. Marcus and Owen walk towards her.

"Owen," Marcus simply says.

Owen gives Isabella an apologetic look, mouthing the words 'I'm sorry' before knocking her out cold.