HEARTBEATS

Isabella is shaken up from her dream last night.

Because of this, Scott notices her change of attitude. She barely talks, doesn't cooperate when they talk about Marcus and his pack, and she only takes a few bites out of her food during lunch.

Interrupting the conversation in the table, Scott speaks up, "Isabella."

Kira and Stiles, who are across each other, stop talking about Marcus and look at Scott. Everyone looks at Scott except Isabella, and then this is when they all look at her. She stares at her food in silence.

"What's going on with you? You need to tell us, that's what we're here for," Scott says.

Isabella finally looks up at Scott. The full moon is tomorrow, and she can't stop thinking about her dream. Well, it was more like a nightmare. She knows Scott, Malia, and Liam can sense her anxiety.

"I just..." she takes a deep breath. "I don't have a partner for my physics assignment yet so I didn't get to start."

Isabella knows that they know she's hiding something, but they don't push her. She looks pale enough, she doesn't need anyone asking more questions about what's really going on.

"Right, totally forgot. You're gonna be my partner for the assignment," Liam states then chews a piece of his sandwhich.

She just nods in response and takes a small bite out of her salad. The table is silent for a moment, when Malia speaks up.

"What time do we meet at Derek's loft?" she asks no one in particular.

Kira answers the question and says, "Right after Liam, Mason, and Isabella pass their assignment. Which you guys have to do that as soon as you possibly can. We don't want anyone wolfing out in the school."

As soon as Kira says this, Isabella's stomach churns. She gets up and grabs her bag to leave the table. Liam grabs her arm to stop her, and she looks back at him.

"Where you going?" he asks.

She gulps, "I'm not feeling too well."

"I'll take you home," Scott offers.

"No, no I'm fine," Isabella says, trying to stop him, but he gets up anyway.

He walks her out of the cafeteria. She knows she can't argue with him. One, because he's stronger than her. Two, he's the True Alpha. She wouldn't want to mess with the guy.

Scott walks them over to his bike and puts on his helmet and gives her another one. Isabella just stands there awkwardly and stares at the helmet.

"Put it on," he simply says.

She awkward replies "I've...never ridden on a motorcycle before."

He blinks and says nothing for a moment. Then pulls up the middle area of the helmet so she can see his face. He gives her a look of reassurance to calm her down.

"Trust me on this. Just sit on the bike and put your hands on my waist. I won't let you fall, I promise," he says.

The feeling of calmness takes over Isabella for a moment, and she nods. She sits on the bike and places her hands on his waist. She puts the helmet on. He asks if she's ready and she replies with a nod. Even though he didn't see, she's sure he knows that she's ready.

Scott drives the bike towards her house. When she remembers they're going to her house, she quickly taps on Scott's shoulder and he pulls over at the side.