SOFT MEMORY

Isabella and Liam are working on the assignment at lunch.

"How many questions do you guys have left?" Mason asks, chewing on his food loudly.

Liam looks up from his notebook and glares at Mason, "Two. And please stop chewing with your mouth open. It's annoying."

Mason takes another bite and chews even louder, mocking his best friend. Liams rolls his eyes and goes back to the assignment.

Throughout the entire day, Isabella has noticed that Liam has been acting a bit strange around her. Either she's paranoid or it's just the fact that there a full moon tonight bothering him.

When they finish the last question, Liam puts the notebook away and shoves it into his backpack. When he zips it up, he does it too strong, and the zipper actually falls off.

He makes a frustrated noise and drops his bag on the floor. He then continues to eat his food in frustration. Isabella looks at him and touches his shoulder.

"Um...Liam. You okay?" she asks.

Liam blinks, snapping out if his trance of anger for a second. He looks at her and nods, not saying anything. This is when the alpha decides to speak up.

"Liam," he says. Liam looks at Scott. "Are you sure you don't wanna be chained up? You've only gone through two full moons, and you haven't had that much good control in either of them."

"I'll be fine, I promise. I've been saying the riddle in my head every night this entire week," Liam says, reassuring him.

Scott nods and replies, "Alright." He then looks at Isabella, who's absolutely pale. "Don't be scared. It'll be fine, Isabella."

Isabella just nods and pushes her food away, no longer hungry. The full moon is tonight, and images of her nightmare the other night keeps flashing at random times, only scaring her more than she already is.

The bell rings, and they all get up. Scott gives Kira and kiss and walks out with Stiles. Malia, Kira, and Lydia walk out in another direction to go their classes, leaving the three freshmen alone.

Mason and Liam stand up, but Isabella stays seated.

"You coming?" Mason asks.

"Huh?" Isabella looks up at him and nods. "Yeah. Yeah I'm coming, I just...yeah."

Liam gives her a concerned look, "If you're not feeling okay..."

"I'll be fine. I already skipped yesterday. I don't wanna do it two days in a row."

He nods and she walks off, speeding up so she doesn't have to deal with them until class. She doesn't have to look behind her to know they're far. They probably don't want to bother her at this moment.

When Isabella makes it to class, most of the students are already seated, and the teacher is grading some test papers on her desk. She makes her way to her seat and sits down, not bothering to look up to see if Mason and Liam have arrived.

The bell rings, and the class begins. The two best friends make it right after it rings, but they don't look like they rushed. The teacher doen't bother to get mad at them because technically, they were just in time.

During class, Isabella can't hear the teacher discussing the lesson. She hears nothing but beats. Heartbeats. She hears every heartbeat in this classroom, and it's only getting louder. Her breathing starts to get faster, and her pulse starts to race as well. The teacher stops explaining and turns around, looking at Isabella. Every student is looking at her too. They're all giving her confused looks, while Liam and Mason give her concerned ones.