𝐗

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐄𝐍: 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝

"I've been thinking." I say, now in the taxi. We'd had a stroll through the park, talking about the tracksuits, with Maya and her signing friend, Kazi. 

"That's dangerous." Clint says from his seat. 

"Kate, do you think they could've been looking for something else at the auction?" I ask her next to me, while I gave Clint a glare. 

"I don't know." She says to us. "I was pretty focused on Jack and Armand." She says. 

"It's pretty upsetting to think there might be stuff from the Avengers Compound floating around out there." Clint murmurs.

"Just what I was thinking... Except, change the word upsetting with dangerous..." I tell him. "But, uh- so you still think Jack is involved somehow?" I ask Kate, with Pizza Dog staring up at me. 

"Yes." She says, quickly. "There's far too much coincidences. He was at the auction that night, and yesterday, he offered me a butterscotch-" 

"Wow, what a criminal. He better not try that shit again." I murmured, eyebrows furrowed at her. 

"And, when I tried to stab his face to prove he was lying, he parried like a pro." She said to us. 

"You tried to stab your mom's fiancé in the face?" Clint asks her. 

"Plus," The girl continued on like it wasn't that big of a deal. "he has everything to gain from Armand's death."

"Okay, sure, the Jack thing is weird-" I begin. "-That, I get, but it's not something... undeniable?" 

"Right." She agreed. "Which, is why we need more evidence." I nodded, not really knowing where it was going. "And why we're gonna sneak into my mom's penthouse."

"Wait- wait wait- what-" Clint asked.

"We can get into her company files." She explained to us. "Bishop Security has a huge criminal database." 

"No shit, it's a Security business." I tell her, not getting why we had to BREAK IN.

"There's gotta be intel on the Tracksuits and Jack in there." She says. I looked over at Dad, of who had that unsure- I don't know what to fucking say face on show. 

"Yeah..." I say. "Right..." 

As someone who grew up half of their life on a farm, and then the other half at Stark Tower and the Avengers Compound, the Penthouse was very different. It was dramatic, and open planned, with pillars made of marble holding it up, and a staircase which was bigger than the room I had back on the farm. 

We stepped out of the elevator and into the penthouse, with dad straight away checking if anyone was home. For the fifth time in three minutes. 

"Yes, relax." The girl told him, then taking Pizza Dog off his leash. Part of me would've found it funny if the dog started to have a rampage the moment he was off the leash, but then again, this place even called me a broke ass bitch. 

"Jeez... this is a home?" Clint asks, glancing around. 

"Yeah... My uh, great, great, great, great grandfather built the building." She told us, before pointing above us. "I tried to swing from that very chandelier and broke my arm." 

"What... level of multitasking was that?" I ask her, following her as she walked away, leaving Clint behind. 

"So, yeah, pretty impressive family background..." She continued as me and Clint followed her. She took the coat off of me, which was hers' and then placed it on the side before we walked over to a laptop, mysteriously in its own cupboard-like area.