CHAPTER 7.5: A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - A Crystal Star Reflects All

"Keisuke, why are you hanging up so much mistletoe?"

"What mistletoe? I'm hanging up mistlefoe."

"Mistle-foe?"

"Yeah, you have to fight whoever else is underneath it."

"......Who told you this?"

*****

"SHINICHIRO! STOP LAUGHING! God, you are part of the problem for not fixing the misunderstanding."

"HAHAHA! How...*wheeze* could I stop the joy on their faces?"

"Wrong type of Christmas joy, Shinichiro. No wonder nobody wants to date you."

"WHA-That's just low, Daisuke."

"Daisuke! We're almost done decorating the tree!"

The kids swarmed onto the two adults, grabbing and pushing them toward the eight-foot dark, sepia wood embedded with awl-shaped glossy-green scales. A rainbow of colors sprinkled and gleamed through the emerald, some being in the form of pearls and glass ornaments intertwining with the homemade ones. Those were crafted by the kids, exuding their own precious charm. The sweet, cedar fragrance diffused through the room, lending a divine flush to the feast of smells.

"Now for the final piece!"

Daisuke lifted a sparkly crystal star, adorned with a gold and silver finish, from the box.

"It's a Daisuke tradition to have the youngest and oldest kids put the star together on top of the tree," turning to Hakkai and Mochi, "which would be you two." The mentioned two were vibrating with excitement.

"Heave-ho, you're getting taller ... and heavier too, Hakkai!" said Claude, pretending to sag and drop the boy, getting some justified kicks in the torso.

Daisuke ushered Mochi onto his back, who quickly scampered over, increasing his height by roughly five and a half feet.

"Ha-ahaha. That's a good thing, Hakkai! Although, I am quite shocked that you guys are hitting such a drastic growth spurt. Especially you, Taiju."

"HA-jealous, old man?"

"He's going to have to start investing in platform shoes if he wants to see over our shoulders soon." Shion snickered.

"Guh-Shion, how did you know?!?"

Two hands carefully gripped the crystal star before releasing it as it glimmered in the light and encircled the tree with a fairy glow, reflecting the whole family within its edges.

"Merry Christmas!!!"

____________________________________________________________

I hope you have a wonderful holiday, everyone!

For those who want more Tokyo Revenger goodness, I'm listing some really incredible Tokyo Revengers Animatics. If you enjoy them, support their work!

* Cha'

The art matched the music and vibes so well, so beautifully crafted. One of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvi65GWtB9_GlDFG8jHXrvw

* Jm Kun

Amazing fight scenes. *BAM!!!*

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoeJAripdns__8Em9SUfgGw

* Kulamisme

Various animatics with different art styles, all depicting and conveying emotions right from the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB6VW9StOdZIBYk92cD-aSg

* misumitsuya_

Beautiful manga chapter animatics - Loved the colored Chapter 196! (Warning: Violence)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVcJIN7llYLnSSOcyKGrRQA

* mixe mirai

Only one Tokyo Revenger Animatic, but her works are really detailed and always BAMF good.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsEd31pETz8TtN1Xn37ntHw

* くららぎK

Three Words: Hot Haitani Brothers. A masterpiece, too. Definitely bookmark-worthy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDXWEK5XztJwt7f9CZ-d48w