Little Red Riding Hood

I awoke in my cave, laying on my soft bed. Aloysius sat beside me, his fingers combing through my hair slowly. They tickled my cheeks and I turned to loop my arm with his. Warm... it felt so warm.

"Are you fully awake, Red,"  Aloysius asked. I nodded, and he helped me sit up.

"I don't remember falling asleep," I yawned, covering my mouth. I was still groggy, and thinking I still had my left arm to support me, I fell backwards onto Aloysius' arm.

"My apologies. Out of habit," I joked.

Aloysius sighed, but didn't move his arm. "You fell asleep soon after you defeated the witch."

"Defeated the witch?" 

"You do not exist. You are dead. You can never hurt anyone ever again! Become dust."

I scratched my cheek. "Right... that. I did do that." How mortifying! Aloysius had watched it all happen, watched as I turned someone into dust. Even if we were engaged for convenience, I didn't want my future husband to be afraid of me! I didn't want Aloysius to think I was a monster!

"The wooden charm of hers dispersed into dust along with her. It seems that really is their life force," Aloysius continued to explain. "If two witches are defeated, that means there are still three left."

"One of which is in the Redhead Village. But I don't know which," I dropped my head. "I can't think of any who would use magic in secret. But they must have been the one who orchestrated the attack on the meeting place."

"What of the sloths and fish clan! And the bear clan!" I suddenly remembered. "They were brought here safely, right?"

"Colt is tending to the injured in the infirmary. Most of them did not suffer too fatal a wound. Harriot on the other hand..." 

The poor Bear clan leader was already dead when I found the bear clan. They didn't have a clan leader now. I wondered if they could return home safely soon.

"Sister Red! Please help me!" a new voice rang in my ears. "It's me, Teddy! Can you hear me, Sister Red?" he whimpered.

"I can! How is this possible?"

"Thank goodness! Please help me, Sister Red! The Bear clan is trying to take me away!" I shot up instantly. 

"Where are you!"

"The infirmary! Mister Colt is trying to stop them, and Aurum and Gretel are keeping them away! But I don't know how long they'll last!"

"Aloysius, can you take me to the infirmary?" Aloysius shifted into his wolf form without question. I rode on him to the infirmary. I could hear them before I saw the crowd of Blackbirds barging rioting outside the infirmary cave. Colt, Lucinda, Zev and Briar were by the entrance blocking their path.

"That child belongs with us! Not with you filthy mutts!"

"What did you just call us? I'll rip out your throat if you keep this up!"

"If I wasn't still healing, I'd turn into a flea and make your fur itch!"

"Do it! I can turn into a bee right now and sting you!"

"Do you reckon we could eat the salmon people of the fish clan?"

What... what was this chaos! I let three clans stay over, and this happens. "Aloysius?"

"Yes, Red. This is no illusion. It seems the Bear clan is rebelling within our own territory."

I hopped off Aloysius and stride over angrily. "Enough! All Bear clan members are to be one step away from the infirmary cave!" I pointed to one of them. "And you! Put down that salmon! He's a Blackbird. Savages!"