Fifty-four

Entering the mansion, we saw Mateo was standing in front of the entrance with his forehead creased, his jaw clenched and a look on frustration in his eyes. His men were standing beside him with annoyance, fear and irritation in their eyes as well.

They still hadn't notice us entering since they were too busy looking at the other guests who were busy panicking and rushing out.

"No, stop!" Mateo grabbed a woman's arm, "It's nothing seri—" he was cut off when the woman pushed his hand away and ran out. I glanced at my men who were looking at me expectantly, waiting for orders. I simply gave them a curt nod and they understood.

They raised their silencer guns and began shooting Mateo's men dead. They were shooting everyone except Mateo as per my orders. While we were getting rid of the men inside, Mason and the group that went with him were clearing outside.

Mateo watched with astonishment and shock as his men fell on the ground dead, one by one with a bullet in either their heads or hearts.

My men dispersed around his house, some went upstairs, some to the basement to clear the place completely.

"W-What's going on?"  He breathed out, not knowing where to look at. His eyes flickered from his guests rushing out to his men falling dead. He was surely connecting the dots in his head. I knew he did when his hand reached out to his pant's pocket. He removed his phone and was about to call someone, undoubtedly, when I shot him right in the hands.

The same hands which he used to abuse the girl I love.

Wait, what?

I couldn't possibly—Fuck that. I love Ivy Reed. I fucking love her.

A wave of fury crashed onto me as what she told me about her past crossed my mind again. I felt thirsty for revenge. I wanted Mateo to suffer for everything even more than before.

Mateo screamed in pain, the phone falling from his hand as he clutched to his blooded hand. His eyes snapped to my direction and they automatically widened when he saw me standing there watching him with a sinister smirk on my face. 

By then, the whole house was empty. The only people present were me, my men and Mateo who had a feared expression on his face. He bit his quivering lip, tears brimming in his eyes probably from both fear and the pain in his hand.

Good.

"Mateo," I clicked my tongue, "how are you?"

"Ace Romano," his voice was above a whisper, "w-wh-what—" he cut himself off, composing himself as he tried to put on a neutral face, forcing the tears back,—what are you doing here?"

"I lost my way back home and thought, ‘hey why not pay a visit to the guy who killed my parents and abused my girl’ you know?" I walked towards him, my eyes falling on the gun strapped in his waistband, "let's not forget the bounty you placed on her. That was such a low fucking blow, even for you." He stilled, visibly gulping. My men were standing there, with their guns tightly in their hands, ready to shoot whenever and he knew that. He would be foolish to make a move.

"You think you're so smart? Huh?" Mateo chuckled, yet his voice was trembling as he spoke, "I have men out—"

"—side?" I finished his sentence with a bored look on my face, "not anymore. What, you think I'm stupid? I am, in fact, smart. You see, I had a man on the inside who provided me with the blueprints of your house as well as the events you were planning which is why we are here today. I'm ten steps ahead of you, Mateo."

In one swift move, my fist collided with his face and a loud crack boomed inside the entire room. Mateo fell backwards, he tried to catch his steps but failed miserably. He fell on the ground, groaning in pain both from the fall, the punch and his hand. He had his eyes squeezed shut when he raised his head. His nose was slightly crooked to the side. I smiled viciously at the sight.

"You—" he brought his left uninjured hand to his nose, "—you broke my nose!"

"Oh I'm going to be breaking so much more," I promised, crouching down to take his gun from his waistband. I then turned to my men and nodded in Mateo's direction, wordlessly ordering them to pick him up and take him with us.

That was easier than I thought. Actually, I knew it was going to be easy. The Spanish Mafia was nothing compared to the Italian which was the reason why Mateo saw us as a threat. He thought that eliminating my dad meant the italian mafia crumbling. But he was so fucking wrong. It only encouraged them, made them—us crave for revenge.

Whilst my men avenged the death of their previous leader, I avenged the death of my father and the condition of my mother. But I also did it for the girl I love. I avenged them all and I, for once, was truly proud of myself. I was sure dad was too.