Fifty-six

"Are we there yet?"

"Patience," he chuckled, one of his hand still covering my eyes while the other one was gripping my hand tightly as he led me to I still didn't know where. I could feel the sounds of branches breaking and dry leaves rustling as I stepped on them, beneath my shoes which made me come to the realisation that we were in a forest or something.

"I hope, for your sake, that you aren't planning to kill me." I muttered jokingly since I knew he was never going to do so. Did I though? 

Stop being so paranoid. If he wanted to kill you, he would've done that long ago,’ my subconscious scolded.

But people get change of heart.

Just shut up, Ivy.’

I internally sigh.

"I wouldn't dream of it." His tone was filled with honesty, "we are here." I took a step foward only to be pulled back, "I wouldn't do that if I were you, love." He then removed his hand from my eyes, allowing me to see. I blinked a few times to adjust my sight, almost letting out a gasp at the magnificent view in front of me.

"This is—" I cut myself off, looking at Ace who was staring at me with a knowing look in his eyes as if he knew exactly how I was feeling, "—absolutely beautiful!"

"I know," he turned my head so I wasn't looking at him rather at the sky and the huge lake in front of us. We were standing on a cliff from which water was falling directly into the grand beautiful lake beneath. The water was crystal clear, I could see the rocks under, it wasn't even that deep.

Both Ace and I were silently admiring the view. The sound of water falling and Ace's and I's small intake and exhale of breaths were the only things that filled my ears. He was standing behind me, running his fingers up and down my arms.

"Ivy," he called out, his voice nervous which made me furrow my brows as I turned to look at him. "What is it?"

"I—" he paused his movements on my arms, bringing his right hand to his head as he ran it through his hair anxiously. "Fuck, it was easier in my mind."

I stared at him in confusion, "is everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's just—" he cleared his throat, "I want to tell you something."

"You made that pretty clear," I chuckled in attempt for him to loosen up but it clearly wasn't working when he let out a sigh so I zipped my mouth shut instantly and put on a serious and concerned face. "Whatever you have to say, take your time, okay? I'm right here."

A C E

Three simple words.

Why was it so fucking hard to say?

I stared at her perfect face, her soft lips which I seemed to be always wanting to kiss, her alluring green eyes which made me want to get lost in them, her soft brown hair which my fingers itched to play with—since when did I get so fucking poetic?

"Ace?" Her soft voice snapped me out from my thoughts making me realise that I was probably staring at her like a creep. "Are you alright?" She asked, "you zoned out."

I placed a hand on her waist and pulled her closer to me, my other hand going to the side of her neck, our faces inches from each other. She was taken aback by my actions, it was clear on her features, but she said nothing. She placed her hands on my chest as she stared at me with a small smile tugging at her lips.

I could feel her hot breath on my lips, leaving a tingling sensation and a burning one at where her hands were on my chest.

"Are you sure everything is alright?" She whispered, her eyes flickering from my lips to my eyes on repeat, "if there's anything—"

I cut her off by placing my lips on hers, her eyes fluttering shut instantly. She wasted no second in kissing me back. I sucked on her bottom lip as she gripped my shirt. We stayed like that for a couple of seconds before we were forced to pull away to breathe.

That's when the words left my mouth on it's own.

"I love you."