𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝘳𝘶𝘯

"𝗿𝘂𝗻"

"𝗿𝘂𝗻"

𝘆/𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃
𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜.....

It was a regular evening for me, Y/N Serrano. Me and my mother and father made dinner together in the kitchen of our lively cottage, right at the edge of their beautiful village. We made chicken quesadillas with salsa and chips. It was a simple meal, but the three of us loved it either way. We laughed together and made small talk as we made the food, enjoying our time together.

We weren't even halfway through eating our delicious meal when a commotion was heard coming from the main part of the town. The sound of hooves thudding harshly on the ground and men yelling.

My mamá and papá ran to the door and peered out to see what was happening. I followed behind them, but they blocked my view. "No....." my mamá said quietly under her breath, but loud enough for me to hear. "What do they want with our village."

Without any sort of explanation, they turned to me. "Y/N, you have to run. Into the woods and don't stop until you're far away from the village." my papá told me, placing his hands on my shoulders. My mamá pulled a hooded, light blue cape off of the rack by the door and draped it around me. "Don't linger and don't look back. No matter what you hear."

My eyebrows furrowed. "I don't understand. What's happening." My parents gave each other a look before my papá spoke. "Some dangerous men are here to conquer the village, cariño." He kissed the top of my head. "It is no longer safe for you here. Your mamá and I will try to help everyone else and then come find you."

My mamá kissed my cheek with teary eyes and pulled the hood over my head. "We love you, Y/N. Remember that."

I wiped away tears and walked out the door, glancing towards the center of town. Cloaked men on horses rounded up the citizens, torches in their hands. "Prisa!" my papá urged.

I gave a sad smile towards them before taking off into the woods. I had only run so far before I heard men yelling behind me. Then I heard my father yelling back and horses coming to a sudden stop. My mamá let out a scream.

By then, I paid no mind to her words. "Don't look back."

I wished I had listened to her, though, when I saw what had happened. My papá lay on the ground, unmoving and my mamá sobbed on her knees beside him. I nearly cried out as one of the horse-riding men raised a sword above them, but held it in and immediately turned and bolted further into the woods.

My ears no longer heard anything happening around me and uncontrolled sobs continued to escape my lips. My legs were numb and burning, but I forced myself to run through the trees in the darkening night. After about ten minutes, I felt my legs slip from under me as my foot hit something hard.

I landed in freezing cold yet very shallow water, a small forest stream, that I had not seen in the path. I cried out as I felt my arm burning, having been cut by a sharp rock in the creek.

After this, I gave up on running any further. I was far enough from the village and I had grown way too tired and weak to push myself any further. I took off the ripped, wet cape and tossed it aside. It was going to do me no good now.

Either way, I was soaked from the stream's water and shivering from the cold air as I continued stumbling through the village. I wore a flowered yellow dress. I would have dressed warmer if I knew I would be running through the cool night soaking wet, but how would I know something like this would happen. I just wished it didn't.

After hours of walking, I finally came across what looked to be a small village. It was covered In colorful plants and had many cute buildings with dim lights in the windows. Surely it had to be almost midnight by now. I was tired, weak, cold, and completely traumatized.

And that's when I first saw it. A beautiful, large house at the back of the town. Covered in blooming flowers with many windows and decorations. As soon as I saw it, I felt a new sense of hope. Maybe....maybe they could help me, whoever was in there...

I didn't think on it any longer. I went to the front door.

"Help me, please...."I muttered weakly. Just as I was about to knock, my burning, numb legs gave out from underneath me. I fell to the ground and curled up in front of the door. As I looked at the sidewalk in front of my face, my eyes widened in surprise as a piece began to move up and down. I assumed I was seeing things. How could a house be alive?

Tears still streamed down my cheeks as I lay in the cold night and I could feel my eyes growing heavier every second.

Even as the door opened by my back, I barely even flinched. "Dios mío! There is a girl here!" My heavy and blurry eyes barely stayed open long enough to see a girl a bit older than me with dark brown hair in a bun on top of her head with a red ribbon tied into a bow. Her brown eyes were wide as she looked down at me.

The last thing I heard before I slipped into unconsciousness was the girl talking to me. "You best be glad my gift is to hear or you would've been left out here all night. You call for help was very faint, señorita."