𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻. 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘦

"𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗲"

"𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗲"

𝘆/𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃
𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵....

WARNING:
This part gets a tiny bit violent. Apologies if you are uncomfortable :)

I ran through the dark forest once again, the moonlight as my only light, my only guide. I could hear the whispers of the piercing cold wind and the rustling of the creaky tree branches all around. But I did not stop.

On and on I went, only coming to a halt when I spotted something up ahead.

A man. Dark hair, dark skin, and a dark cloak. The only thing that lit up in the moonlight of the night was his piercing blue eyes. He sat atop a pure black steed, holding the reins in one hand while the other arm hung at his side, hand over a holster on his hip. A sword was sheathed inside.

"Don't move." the stranger warned, his voice low and eerily calm. It sent chills down my spine as I didn't dare to move a muscle.

"Your parents thought they could protect you. From me. But I ended them and now I have finally found you after many moons of searching." As he spoke, I felt myself growing more and more terrified. What could he want with me?

"You won't escape me this time."

And then I ran again. Pushing my legs to carry me far, far away from the man. I heard the pounding hooves of his horse directly behind me and I knew that I stood no chance in running away.

So, I quickly dove to the side, the horse not having enough time to stop as it passed me by ten feet. I crawled as quickly and quietly as possible through the thick bushes, but I heard fast footsteps coming closer. Closer....

Then I felt hands grab my shoulders and I was pinned on my stomach. "I'm not letting you go that easily. You're too special. Too valuable and rare."

The man knelt on the ground beside me, keeping a hand pressed on my back so that I couldn't stand. My head lay on my cheek as I did my best to look at the man in the dark. He held a small sword- basically an oversized knife- in his hand.

"But you have no idea...." he whispered softly, causing tears to suddenly form in my wide eyes. I was scared, and I knew I had no power against him.

He brought the knife up to my shoulder and pressed the tip into my skin. I cried out as he slowly dragged the blade down my upper arm, drawing ruby red blood.

A piercing scream left my lips and I-

I sat upright on the bean bag, my eyes wide and my chest heaved with harsh breaths. I still felt the fear in me and my body trembled. My shoulder tingled as I remembered the blade glinting in the moonlight as the blood spilled. I shivered, realizing that Camilo's blanket had been thrown to the side at some point.

Tears silently trailed down my cheeks. The dream- no nightmare- was too vivid. Too....real....

Letting out a quiet sob, I knew I couldn't handle this alone. I got up from the bed and stumbled to Camilo's bed, where he lay in a pile of blankets and pillows with his mouth hanging open as he slept.

I gently placed my shaking hand on his arm. "C-Camilo...?" I whispered through my tears.

After a moment, his eyes groggily blinked open. "Go back to sleep, mi vida...." he groaned, his voice raspy and tired as he was only half awake.

But when his vision cleared, he immediately sat up. "What's wrong, mi amor? You're crying...." He gently grabbed my hand and tugged me onto the bed.

Letting out a sob, I sunk into the bed. He wrapped his arms around my quivering frame and I leaned into his chest, soaking it with tears. "You're trembling....Was it a nightmare?" he asked carefully in a whisper, stroking my hair sweetly. I nodded slightly into his chest.

He let out a breath and lean back into the pillows, keeping me close. "It's okay. I'm here. Estoy aquí...."

We lay like that for a few moments, Camilo hugging me close protectively as I quietly cried. Where had the nightmare come from? What could it mean?

"Do you want to tell me about it, amor?" Camilo asked quietly. I thought for a moment before I nodded and began to explain the entire dream to him.

By the end, his eyes were wide too and a few more tears had escaped my eyes. He gently held my face and kissed my cheeks where the tears were. I closed my eyes and calmed my breathing as he kissed away my tears.

"You are safe with me and my familia, Y/N. I'll protect you. We all will. This is your home now." Camilo assured me.

I nodded along with his words and felt much better. Leaning in I pulled him into a hug and whispered "I love you, Camilo."

𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗼'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃

"I love you, Camilo."

As soon as she whispered it into my ear, my eyes went wide with surprise. My heart melted and I held her tighter. "I love you too, mi vida."

When she pulled away, I noticed her eyelids falling down. Y/N fought to keep them open, but they were too heavy. I pulled her against my chest so that her head lay on top of me as we lay on the bed.

I pulled the blanket on top of her slightly trembling frame and smiled as she nuzzled into my chest, asleep.

Gently, I brushed my lips against hers. "Goodnight, mi alma...."

In all honesty, this nightmare of hers worried me greatly. Dreams or visions like that weren't normal, and definitely meant nothing good. But if someone really was after her, I would not let anyone ever hurt her. My words were true, I loved her. And I was going to protect her. From any nightmares she may face....

Dream....or reality......