𝘁𝘄𝗼. 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘵

"𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗳𝗮𝘀𝘁"

"𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗳𝗮𝘀𝘁"

𝘆/𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃
𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴....

I lay comfortably under some warm sheets, my face snuggled into a pillow as my eyes remained closed. I hadn't processed the current situation, nor remembered what had happened. Instead, I was enjoying the peace and comfort.

Feeling my arm being touched, a frown began to form on my face and I slowly grew more awake and aware. Suddenly, everything came back to me like a hurricane and my eyes immediately shot open.

I gasped when I met eyes with a girl a bit older than me. She had short, curly brown hair and big round glasses. The girl wore a dress with a white top, butterflies laced into it, and a blue flowered skirt. She looked down at me with a sweet, welcoming smile.

"Hey, good morning." she said with a small wave. A bit shocked, I attempted to sit up. I flinched when I felt a sharp pain in my arm and looked down to see it bandaged.

"Be careful there." the girl said kindly. "My mamá is making you a cure right now."

"W-What's your name?" I had no idea what to ask first, so I went with being polite. "I'm Mirabel Madrigal. You showed up at our casita in the middle of the night and my cousin brought you inside."

"Well, thank you." I smiled slightly. "I'm Y/N."

"It's nice to meet you. Let's get you some new clothes so you can freshen up, then my family will want to talk to you." Mirabel stood and went into another room, most likely a closet, and came out with a dress. It was simple, yet very pretty.

I stumbled out of the bed and took it from her

I stumbled out of the bed and took it from her. "Gracias, Mirabel." I said gratefully. "De nada." she smiled and left so that I could change.

After changing into the dress, I did my hair very quickly. I went with a half-up style, letting most of it flow freely. I wanted to make sure I looked presentable talking to the people who had given me a place to stay the night.

Taking a breath to calm my nerves, I left the room and peered around the corner and down the hall, unsure of where to go

I yelped in surprise as the floor tiles began to move themselves, carrying me forward and past many doors in the hall. I was brought all the way down a staircase and into a large dining room, where many people were eating breakfast.

"Ah!" I shrieked as the floor abruptly stopped moving, causing me to almost fall over.

After catching my balance, I looked up at the crowded table. Mirabel gave me a small wave and I recognized the girl from last night, but the rest were totally unfamiliar.

"Well, I'm glad to see you're up and moving. Thank you, Casita." an elderly woman who seemed very serious said.

"Erm- hello everybody. I'm Y/N Serrano. I know it was kind of unexpected for me to show up but....thank you all." I awkwardly said to everyone in the room.

"Nonsense. We're glad to be able to help." the older woman told me. I'm Abuela Alma, but you can just call me Abuela, querida. Now take a seat here."

The house, Casita, moved an empty chair towards me. I cautiously sat down and gripped the chair tightly as I was moved up to the table. I was in between Mirabel and an older girl. She wore a lavender dress and had flowers in her long, sleek black hair. I gave her a small smile, which she returned as Abuela spoke again. "Now, tell us what happened to you last night, niña."

My stomach fell. I had been trying my best not to think about that. To pretend everything was okay and be polite to everyone. To not fall apart in front of strangers. But now....

All I could think about were my parents screams. The sword raised above their heads. Running through the woods in the night. Collapsing on the ground. Shivering from the cold. Tears staining my cheeks.

Before I could stop them, more tears were falling down my face. I did my best to explain everything to the Madrigal's as I cried silently. I managed to contain my sobs until I had finished the story, then I hugged Mirabel and cried into her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N." the older girl on my other side comforted, stroking my hair.

After a few moments, I lifted my head, my crying finally lessening. As soon as I looked up, my teary eyes locked onto someone else's. My heart skipped a beat. How had I not seen him before?

Across from me was a boy my age with curly brown hair and sparkly hazel eyes, his nose and cheeks littered with small freckles. His long sleeve white t-shirt had the sleeves rolled up, his collar was unbuttoned, a yellow ruana was draped over his torso, and it was all paired with black pants. I noticed little chameleons etched into his clothing, making me a bit curious. Either way, this boy was very cute.

My face tinted pink at the eye contact and he gave me a small sympathetic smile. I wiped away my tears. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be, you poor querida." Abuela said kindly, a look of understanding in her eyes. "I think you should stay here in our wonderful casita with us."

"R-Really?" I asked with hope. She nodded, causing me to grin. "We should all introduce ourselves and then and tell you our gifts."

"Ooh! And I can sing my song!" Mirabel suddenly exclaimed with excitement.

"Maybe after breakfast you can take Y/N into town and sing to the children." a woman with greying brown hair and a blue dress suggested. "I have to give her the remedy for her gash anyway."

I tilted my head towards her in curiousity and she smiled sweetly. "I am Julieta. Mirabel's mother. My gift is to cure wounds and illnesses with different foods." I nodded and smiled.

Beside her, a man with glasses and a mustache said "I'm Augustín. Hi." he waved. I waved back with a small smile. "I don't have a gift. I'm married to Julieta so that's how I'm here."

Next was Luisa, a young woman with brown hair in a tight bun and muscled arms. Her gift was extreme strength and she seemed like a very tough yet kind person. Her dress was white on top and dark blue-purple on bottom.

The girl who had found me that night was named Dolores. And I understood how she knew I was out there when she explained that her gift was very enhanced hearing. She must've heard me mutter to myself. She wore a dress with a light yellow top and dark red skirt.

The young lady beside me was Isabela. She was extremely beautiful and graceful and her gift was to grow flowers and plants. I could tell that she was the 'perfect child' already, but she was kind to me. She even gave me a small purple flower and put it in my hair.

Then there was Pepa in a yellow and orange dress and her husband Félix in a matching shirt. Pepa's gift was to control the weather. Sometimes she had a rain cloud floating above her head and sprinkling on her messy red hair. Her green eyes held a feeling of anxiety, but she seemed nice as well. And Félix was an energetic, dark-skinned man who I could already tell adored the family, especially Pepa.

The youngest at the table was a small and adorable dark-skinned boy with curly hair. He smiled and shyly gave me a small wave and 'hello.' I could tell that he was a bit timid. I was informed that he would be getting his gift that night and that there would be a ceremony.

And finally, I looked back to the boy my age. "I'm Camilo, senoríta. And this is what I do." I gasped when, with a small pop, I was looking right at myself. It was like looking into a mirror, but your reflection did what it wanted. "Woah......" I mumbled as Camilo returned to his normal appearance. "That's really cool." I told him shyly. "Thank you, senoríta." he replied with a small smirk.

"C'mon, now Madrigals!" Mirabel stood up. "We've got some decorating to do, some tours to give, and some songs to sing!"