𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿. 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨

"𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴"

"𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴"

𝘆/𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃
𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺.....

"Mirabel....." I mumbled as we walked into the house, her closing the door. She was carrying a gift box from one of the villagers. "The not special, special! Because you don't have a gift!" It was pitiful to watch.....

"Hm?" Mirabel responded, fake happiness in her tone. I placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's okay that you don't have a gift. You are special. Even if you aren't magical, you're still amazing just like the rest of your family."

She stuttered over her words for a moment before smiling softly. "Thank you, Y/N. I really needed to hear that." Mirabel set down her gift box and gave me a quick hug before running off to help get Casita ready.

I watched her go before looking around at the rest of the family throughout the house. Jumping, I nearly screamed as someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to face a smirking Camilo. "Hola, señorita."

"Hey, Camilo. You scared me." I chuckled nervously. "Lo siento, Y/N. I wanted to speak to you." he said. "You're my age aren't you?"

"I think so. I'm fourteen." I told him. He smiled. "Fifteen. You should come help me! Entertain the kids!"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Well I don't have anything else to do anyway so sure."

𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗼'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃

"Then let's go!" I did a dramatic twirl in front of Y/N before dragging her out the door by her sleeve, causing her to giggle. It was kind of cute, to be honest.

We went to the main part of town, where the same group of kids Mirabel had been singing too surrounded us. "Hey kids!" I greeted them all, shapeshifting into each one of them before turning back into my normal appearance. They all laughed.

"This is my family's new amiga, Y/N!" I introduced the girl beside me, who gave a small smile and wave. "She is staying with us for awhile."

"She's really pretty." one of the little boys said with big eyes, looking at her like she was an Angel. I frowned. "Sí....ella es...." I mumbled. I watched her face tint pink and she looked away in embarrassment, her E/C eyes flicking around. "Thank you....."

"Can you turn into her?" one of the little girls asked me. I didn't even say anything, simply transforming into her. I looked down at my arms and hands, spotting the gash on my arm.

I turned into myself. "Señorita!" I quickly spoke to Y/N. "We need to go see Tía Julieta so she can give you the remedy. It's probably ready by now."

"Oh alright." she agreed.

We said our goodbyes to the children before starting to walk back towards our casita. "The remedy will probably help your legs too. You said they were burning from running so far."

She nodded. "Yeah....." It came out more as a breath than a word and she looked at the ground quietly, wrapping her arms around herself. "I'm sorry about your mamá and papá, Y/N. I know if I lost my family then....you are very strong, señorita." I smiled sadly and she returned it.

𝘆/𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃

It hurt to talk, or even think about my mamá and papá, but crying over them wasn't going to bring them back. I had mourned them and I would always miss them and love them, but they would've wanted me to try to make the best out of life. They always did.

I looked up at Camilo, he was still smiling at me sadly yet sweetly. I could tell he was a very outgoing, fun, and energetic person, but he was also kind and caring. From what I had seen of him so far, I liked him. Plus he was kind of cute....

When we got back to the casita, Camilo and I found Julieta in the kitchen. "Ah there you are Y/N. Your remedy is ready now."

"Gracias, señora." I said as she handed me a small bowl of some sort of soupy liquid.

I decided to drink it and found that it tasted like chicken broth. I assumed it was chicken noodle soup....without the noodles....or chicken....Either way, it tasted alright and the pain in my arm disappeared, along with the deep cut and the burning in my legs.

"Better?" Camilo asked hopefully. I nodded. "Very much. Thank you Señora Julieta." She smiled and gave me a hug. "You deserve it after everything you've been through, querida."

Even though the loss of my parents still hurt, a healing remedy couldn't fix that, I looked dow at my cured arm and sighed quietly. I could heal from the pain of losing them too.