𝘀𝗶𝘅. 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭

"𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹"

"𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹"

𝘆/𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃
𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵....

Julieta, Camilo, Mirabel, and I all stood in the center of the casita, Abuela standing in front of us with somewhat of a glare on her face. It was almost midnight by now and all of the visitors had already left.

"Mirabel! Why on Earth did you drag Y/N into your mess?!" Abuela scolded.

"I'm not lying, Abuela! I swear to you that everything I said is true. Y/N saw it and cut her hand on the tile and-"

"Enough, Mirabel!" Abuela cut her off before turning to me. "And you!" I flinched from the harsh tone as she raised her voice and Camilo gently grabbed my lower arm, which hung at my side. "You will not help Mirabel cause anymore trouble. You are our guest! You should be grateful and not brainwashed into believing such lies."

"But I-"

"Silence." Abuela commanded strictly. "You will not be staying in Mirabel's room tonight."

My eyes widened. "T-Then where am I supposed to sleep?" I asked in a quiet and timid voice.

Abuela was silent for a moment, looking at everyone intensely. Her eyes landed on Camilo's hand on my arm. "Well, since everyone else is asleep and Camilo has obviously taken a liking to you, you will stay with him."

My face turned bright red and my E/C eyes nearly popped out of my head. Stay in Camilo's room?!

Camilo's hand moved from my arm as he intertwined our fingers. "Come on, amor." he said, hiding his obvious anger towards his Abuela. "Camilo!" she called as he gently pulled me up the stairs. He froze and turned to face her. "Yes, Abuela?"

"Make sure that she isn't dragged into anymore trouble." He slightly nodded before continuing up the steps at a quicker pace.

We reached his door and I looked at the small figure resembling him and the faded out forms of strangers behind him; symbolizing his gift. There were subtle chameleons, an animal similar to his powers, and his name was engraved across the top.

"After you, mi querida." Camilo said, holding the door open for me with a smirk.

I stared in complete awe as I looked around the enormous area. It was a giant, beautiful theater with red, velvet carpet as flooring and mirrors lining the walls. At the back of the room was a giant stage with red curtains draping down around it. Paintings of everyone in his family hung at the back of the stage on the wall and there were spotlights that could be controlled. On both sides of the stage was a velvet red staircase that led up to the balcony, which stretched for about half of the room as a second floor, which looked down to the main floor. On the second floor was a king sized bed, a writing desk, an enormous bean bag that could probably work as a bed itself, a stand with a record player and records, and a bookshelf. On each side of the back wall on the second floor was a door. One probably led to the closet while the other most likely was a bathroom. The walls, pillows, blankets, and bean bag were all the same yellow color that Camilo always wore. There were also lights lined along the walls and beautiful chandeliers in the same color.

"This place is beautiful...." I muttered, loud enough for Camilo to hear as he stood beside me, viewing my reaction. "Tu tambien eres hermosa...." he replied quietly.

My cheeks tinted pink as I looked at him instead of my surroundings. I managed to look into his sparkling hazel eyes as I shyly said "Thank you, Camilo."

Then realization hit me as I looked back at the stage. "Wait....are you a theatre kid?!" I exclaimed. He nodded, seeming a little embarrassed. I grinned. "I am too!" His eyes widened in happy surprise as he said "Really?!" I nodded eagerly. "I am!"

We discussed our favorite musicals and plays cheerfully as we made our way up to the second floor. When we got there, Camilo jumped and did a flip in the air before tumbling onto the bed. I giggled as he motioned me over.

As I sat down, he seemed to grow a bit more serious. "I actually have something to ask you, señorita."

My goofy grin changed into a small smile as I nodded for him to continue.

"You've....probably realized by now that....I like you a lot. And I was wondering if....you wanted to....sé mi novia?" he asked, looking down and switching languages nervously.

My smile widened and I gently grabbed his hands, where he was playing with his fingers out of anxiousness. "Of course, Camilo." I answered him with sincerity. He looked into my eyes and grinned before pulling me into him in a hug. I buried my face in his chest as he nuzzled into my hair affectionately.

We stayed like this for a moment before he pulled away. "Do you want to sleep on the bed or the bean bag, mi amor. You don't have to sleep next to me yet, and I don't care where I sleep, I just want you to be comfortable."

"The bean bag looks comfy so I'll be fine there." I told him, finding his consideration and kindness adorable.

"Okay. I'm sorry my abuela yelled at you like that, by the way. She can be strict sometimes...." he apologized.

"It's not your fault, Camilo."

Our eyes met and we looked into each other's, slowly leaning forward. I closed my eyes as Camilo's lips gently brushed against mine. He made sure I was okay with it before finally letting them fully connect. My heart erupted with fireworks and butterflies, and even though it was only a few seconds, I could feel the gentleness and love.

A blush covered my face as he pulled away and I opened my eyes to see the same pink on his cheeks as he smiled warmly.

"Let me find you something more comfortable." he said, hopping off of the bed and going into his walk in closet to the right. He came out a few moments later with a pastel yellow poncho, like his but a bit lighter and some comfy grey shorts to go with it.

"I think Casita must've brought you some clothes to my room, cause these are definitely not my shorts." He laughed and I joined in as I took the clothes from him.

"Thank you, Camilo." I said, pecking him on the cheek as I left to get changed in the bathroom, leaving him flustered.

The ruana was like a dress on me, falling to my knees with the sleeves coming down to my elbows. It was extremely comfortable and smelled of mango, the scent I often recognized from Camilo.

I exited the bathroom and found Camilo coming out of the closet with a matching yellow-orange pajama set on.

He came over to me and wrapped his arms around my body in a warm embrace. I could tell he was about three inches taller than me because his lips were on my forehead as we hugged each other.

I climbed onto the soft bean bag and Camilo grabbed a fluffy yellow blanket off of his bed, coming over to me and placing it over my body. He kissed me on the nose and muttered with a tired, raspy voice "Sleep well, mi cielo."

Everything about that lovely night was perfect and beautiful.