𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲. 𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘺

"𝗰𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘆"

"𝗰𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘆"

𝘆/𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃
𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵....

Mirabel and I were in her room, the nursery, and getting ready for the ceremony. She was under the bed, talking to Antonio, while I sat on the other bed, swinging my legs.

After a bit of persuasion, Antonio came out from under the bed with Mirabel following. The three of us left the nursery and met up with Antonio's parents and siblings. Camilo shape-shifted into his father, mocking him to cheer his little brother up.

"I don't sound like that!" Félix denied as they all started to walk away. I laughed softly and Camilo grinned.

"Come on, Y/N!" he said happily, pulling me by the hand out of the room. We all- the Madrigals and I- gathered along the path up to the new door. We were closest to where Antonio was going to come out and Abuela waited at the top of the stairs with a candle.

I comfortably wrapped my arms around myself as I stood next to Camilo, waiting for the ceremony to begin.

"Are you excited to see this?" Camilo whispered to me curiously. I nodded. "It'll be nice to know how this works. I'm ready to see Antonio's gift too. I'm sure it'll be incredible."

"Do you like it here?" he questioned, seeming genuinely interested.

"Yeah, I do." I answered truthfully. "Everyone here is so kind and so amazing. I'm really glad I stumbled upon your casita." I laughed lightheartedly.

Camilo smiled in the corner of his mouth, but before he could speak, the ceremony had started.

The doors opened and revealed Antonio, looking adorable while wearing a suit. He stood there for a few moments before looking to the left at something hidden and holding out his hand. "I need you...." he whispered.

I smiled at the sweet moment as Mirabel appeared from behind the wall and took his hand.

Just as they began to walk down the path, I felt  a hand grasp mine, fingers intertwining. Don't panic, but Camilo Madrigal is holding your hand. My brain told me what I couldn't believe was true. My heart obviously didn't listen to the "don't panic" and immediately erupted with butterflies and sparks. It raced and my cheeks tinted pink, but I tried to focus on the ceremony, not making eye contact, and saw him doing the same in the corner of my eye.

Camilo held my hand tighter as Antonio approached his door, most likely nervous and excited. I jumped as a bird- a toucan- suddenly landed on the little boy's arm. It squawked loudly and Antonio said "Yes, I understand you." My eyes widened.