𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦

"𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲"

"𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲"

𝘆/𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃
𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘢....

After many hours of work from everyone in town, we all stood outside the structure to the new Casita. It looked identical to the old one, but it didn't yet have the magical and special touch that the Madrigals gave. Isabela's plants were missing, there were none of Pepa's rain clouds above the ceiling, and Casita was not yet alive.

Mirabel and Abuela stood in front of the door, admiring the house.

Home sweet home
I like the new foundation
It isn't perfect
Neither are we
That's true

Just one more thing
Before the celebration

Bruno popped up over Mirabel's shoulder and said "We need a doorknob." Antonio held out a small doorknob to Mirabel and whispered "We made this one for you."

Mirabel looked up with wide eyes as everyone gathered around the door, making a path towards it. Antonio clung to Mirabel's arm with a smile. I stood in between Camilo and Dolores as the whole family began to sing. This time, I joined in.

We see how bright you burn
We see how brave you've been
Now, see yourself in turn

As Mirabel approached the door, Bruno stood beside it and said "You're the real gift, kid. Let us in." Abuela, from beside him, added "Open your eyes." She placed a hand on Mirabel's cheek as the girl looked down at the shiny doorknob. "What do you see?"

Looking at her reflection, Mirabel spoke. "I see....me. All of me." She looked around at us and we all smiled warmly with tears in our eyes.

When Mirabel placed the doorknob on the front door, beautiful and bright magic began to spread around the Casita. Everyone gasped and watched with awe. The burst of magic spread around the entire town and when the wave of glowing light crossed over me, my heart skipped a beat. I frowned as I put a hand over it and Camilo gave me a strange look, but I shrugged it off.

On the front door, the entire family was carved into a magical image. But when I saw that I was in the frame, holding Camilo's hand, a few tears of happiness spilled from my eyes.

"You belong with us, mi vida." Camilo told me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. Bruno came up behind me and patted my back. "Told ya, kid. You're one of us."

The center window door on the second floor creaked as it moved side to side. Mirabel waved back. "Hola, Casita."

Suddenly, the doors burst open and some upbeat music began to play. The tiles on the sidewalk carried Mirabel inside and she grinned. "Come on! Get in here!" she yelled to everyone.

Casita carried us all inside and I looked around as everyone began to make themselves at home.

Isabela began to grow plants on the floors and walls as Luisa relaxed in a hammock, a donkey beside her. Pepa danced around with a raincloud above her head. But she was happy as the rain drops fell around her. Antonio rode around the room on his leopard, giggling as all of his animal friends entered the new house.

We were all suddenly moved by the tiles of the floor and into a group against the wall. The whole family stood together with me standing between Camilo and Bruno.

A camera positioned in front of us, a rat sitting on top, ready to take our picture. "La Familia Madrigal!" we all chorused with smiles. Just as the photo was captured, Casita curved the floor on both sides of us, almost like squishing us together in a hug.

I knew the photo was probably chaos, but I only laughed and joined the family in the fun.

Camilo and I walked to the center of the room and began to dance. I moved my feet and arms like I had always seen him do and we twirled and twisted around the room.

Something I had noticed was that he never shape shifted as much around me. I had seen him do it when he was doing chores and helping people, but he almost always remained looking like himself around me.

I was about to question why in my head, but Camilo grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. We danced together now, holding hands and weaving around the room. He spun me and I laughed with joy.

"If my room is still a theatre then we are totally making some choreography together." Camilo pointed out. I nodded with a grin. "Bruno's rats can be the ensemble!"

We both laughed as we continued to dance around the room. I saw Dolores dancing with Mariano and looked at them in surprise. Now that explains the vision Bruno had about her.

Her and Mariano would be a good couple.

By the time the sun had set and everyone had left, I was incredible tired. I collapsed on the couch in the new living room of the house with Camilo and Isabela on each side of me.

"This really does feel like home." I said to no one in particular the whole family hearing me."It does. This place feels more joyful now. It makes me really happy." Mirabel agreed.

"I love you guys. Each and every one of you." I told them sincerely with a warm smile. "We love you too." they all said back in unison.

A few moments later, Camilo and I left to go to sleep. His room was in the same place as it was before, but I froze when I looked at the door.

It now spelled out 'Camilo and Y/N' across the top. And below it was a picture of the two of us, standing together and holding hands with happy smiles.

When Camilo saw it, he pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. "I love you so much, mi vida." I smiled softly. "I love you too."

Camilo's room did look the same, and I sighed in content at the feeling of familiarity. Home.

That night, I lay down on the bean bag, and though I was tired, I did nothing but stare up at the ceiling. When I looked over at Camilo, I found him doing the same. Laying on his bed and staring upwards in thought.

After only a moment, I climbed off of the bean bag, the blanket wrapped around me. Walking over to the bed, I crawled into it and Camilo looked at me with a small smile.

I curled up beside Camilo under the warm blankets and he pulled me closer to him, wrapping an arm around me. I smiled at him and craned my neck to kiss him on the chin before closing my eyes and slipping into a peaceful sleep.

We have officially made it through the entire movie! And now the rest of this book is up to me 😈 It's time to move on with my plot for this book.....