𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻. 𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘦

"𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀𝗲"

"𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀𝗲"

𝘆/𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃
𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨....

"You know, kid. You're not a bad addition to the familia." he bumped his shoulder into mine teasingly and we both laughed. "And you and Camilo are like two rats in a wall."

My face scrunched up at the horrible comparison. "Are you trying to tell me we look like rats?" He smiled. "What I'm trying to say is that I think you two are a good couple."

Cheeks growing slightly pink I looked at the ground. "Yeah...."

As nice as it was to sit and chat with Bruno, we needed to help find Mirabel. So I snapped out of it and explained to him the situation.

"Missing? So she just like....ran off....? Abuela scared you and her both away, huh?" I nodded.  He stood up. "C'mon then. I think I know where to find her."

We went into town and Bruno pulled his hood over his head. "Hernando is back in business."

After walking for a few moments, we found a house with a small pasture beside it. A saddled horse was tied to the fence and was munch on some grass. The owner of the house stood outside, watering plants.

"Hey, you!" Bruno shouted, pointing at the woman and making his voice deeper to sound like Hernando. "I'm Hernando and I need to borrow your horse!" he said boldly. Hernando is scared of nothing.

"Oh alright then." the woman replied with a shrug, though she sounded a bit weirded out.

"Thank you." I smiled and awkwardly waved to her. She just shook her head and muttered something under her breath before going back to watering her plants.

Bruno pulled himself onto the horse. He did struggle a bit because the horse was tall. Really, Bruno was only about an inch taller than me. Seven foot frame? Yeah right.

I grabbed the saddle and jumped up, Bruno grabbing my arms and pulling me in front of him. He reached around me to grab the reins and instructed the horse to go through the gate.

Once we had made it just out of town, Bruno removed his hood and sighed. I awkwardly tried to strike up conversation as we rode through a pasture and towards the split in the mountains. "So....are you 'Hernando' every time you leave the house?"

He laughed sadly. "Yeah. Don't want people knowing I'm still here. They would recognize me if they saw my face. Recognize bad luck."

I frowned. "Do they really think that you make bad things happen?" He nodded. "They do. That's why my gift causes problems."

"But just because you can see it happen doesn't mean you make it happen. Seeing the future isn't the same thing as creating it." Bruno grinned. "Exactly. Someone gets it." He rolled his eyes.

"And why do they ask to know the future when they are afraid of what it will be?"

"You tell me, kid."

We were silent for the rest of the ride, looking around at the mountains and valleys. Bruno slowed the horse when we reached an area just in front of the split between the mountains. There was a path, but we stayed on the other side of some bushes to the right of it.

I peered through the bushes and could see Mirabel and Abuela standing in a shallow river, hugging as they watched butterflies fly towards the split mountains, the warm sun lighting their way.

"She didn't do this!" Bruno immediately shouted as we approached. I shrieked and clutched onto his green cloak as the horse jumped over the bushes. "She didn't do this!"

Practically falling off the horse, Bruno stood with one foot on the ground and the other extended onto the horse's back. "I gave her a vision!" The horse moved to the side, causing his foot to fall and him to end up in a heap on the ground. "It was me!" he grunted as he stood back up defiantly. "I was like 'go!' and she was like-" He blew a raspberry and I held in a laugh. "She only wanted to help. And same for Y/N! I don't care what you think of me! But if you're too stubborn to-"

He was cut off by Abuela pulling him into a hug. "Brunito...."

"I feel....like I missed something important." I jumped off the horse and watched with confusion on my face, matching Bruno's.

Mirabel chuckled. "Come on." She pulled Bruno over to the horse as she and Abuela climbed on. Bruno and I looked at each other, both weirded out, before we climbed on behind them. I was grateful Bruno sat in between Abuela and I because I wasn't sure where we stood at this point. "Home." Mirabel said.

Bruno and I both screamed as the horse took off in a run, almost throwing us both off in the process.

"What in the world happened in that river?!" I whispered in Bruno's ear as we galloped towards home.

He shrugged and whispered back "Whatever it is must've been good because that you just saw? That has never happened before. Never in my entire life."