𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻. 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺

"𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆"

"𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆"

𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗼'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃
𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵....

Where was she?!

It was almost midnight and mi amor Y/N still hadn't returned to our room. I hadn't seen her since the chaos at dinner and I was extremely worried.

Of course, I assumed Mirabel had dragged her off on one of her recent adventures, but there was no telling what she could be doing. Last time they had climbed some sort of tower and nearly fallen to their death, who knows how much worse things could get?!

Just as I was about to hit rock bottom and ask Abuela, the door opened and Y/N walked in, her hair H/L H/C a mess, but somehow still looking amazing. She was anxious and tired by the look in her eyes and I immediately ran the rest of the way down the carpet to greet her.

"Where have you been, mi vida?! Why is their dust all over you?" I questioned with worry, holding her soft hands. "Mirabel. Don't tell anyone....but we found Bruno. He's living in the walls." she told me quietly. Hopefully, Dolores wouldn't hear.

"Please don't scare me like that. I was afraid something had happened to you. With the casita breaking and the magic faltering and my mom thundering, I-"

"It's okay, Camilo." she cut me off with a gentle voice. "But your Tío Bruno is insane." I frowned as she let out a laugh.

As we walked up to the second floor, she ranted about Bruno and how he lived in the walls, talking to rats and putting on shows where he acted as every person. The way she described him, he was a very strange person. I focused solely on her as she spoke, her beautiful laugh and sparkling E/C eyes.

"You should probably take a shower to get the dust off, amor." I told her, running a hand through her hair and looking down at the dust particles. I shook them off and sneezed.

She laughed and booped me on the nose. "Okay, Camilo." My cheeks turned pink at her action and I watched as she went into the closet. She came out with some folded clothes and then went into the bathroom to take a shower.

I sighed and flopped down onto my bed. Thank goodness she was safe. That was one thing Abuela was right about.

Mirabel shouldn't drag Y/N into anymore trouble.

𝘆/𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃

As I took a shower, I thought about what Mirabel and Bruno would be doing right now. They were going to go to Antonio's room so that Bruno could have another vision about the miracle fading.

Though I was tired, I had planned on going with them. But Bruno had told me that I needed to rest and it wasn't necessary for me to get into trouble with them. Mirabel also pointed out how worried Camilo would be, so it didn't take much for me to agree.

It also wasn't too hard sneaking back into Camilo's room. It was pretty late at night by now, so mostly everyone was asleep. I had to creep through the dark, silent halls before I entered the enormous theatre.

Camilo being so worried for me made my heart melt. It was nice to have someone care for you so much. With my parents gone, I was afraid no one would and that I would be alone.

But Camilo, though we have only been together for a few days, is someone I trust and enjoy being around. He is funny and caring and kind and amazing and....I think I'm starting to love him.

It all felt so quick and so impossible....but so right. Maybe Bruno had a vision about us too....maybe I should ask him....

I got out of the shower and put on a pastel yellow pajama set- pants and a long-sleeved shirt. I guess Camilo's color is darker yellow and mine is pastel yellow. Huh....

After drying and brushing my hair, I left the bathroom. Camilo wasn't anywhere to be seen, so I just sat down on the bean bag and cuddled up under the blanket.

A few minutes passed and Camilo still hadn't returned. A bit worried and uncomfortable in the silence, I sat up and looked around.

Just as I did, Camilo emerged from the staircase, holding a small teacup in his hands. "Here, mi amor." he said, approaching me. "I made you some tea."

I carefully took the cup, blushing at his kindness. "Thank you, Camilo...." I took a sip of the warm, sweet liquid and smiled. "It's really good."

Camilo grinned. "I'm glad you think so. I tried to give some to my mamá....but then she thundered a little hard and I dropped it." he laughed slightly.

"Oh yeah....I felt that when I was running in the walls after your uncle." I recalled. "I must say....your description of him was really something. Seven feet tall? He's probably shorter than you." We both laughed at that. "But that rats? Oh yeah."

Camilo sat down on the bean bag and crossed his legs. "There was this one time when I was, like, six and I went down to the kitchen for some juice. It was the middle of the night, so it was super dark, and I saw a man in there. He was standing up on a chair and rummaging in the cabinet and there were rats squeaking and crawling everywhere. I sort of recognized him from the paintings and pictures, so I figured out after that it was Emmy Tío Bruno. We both screamed and I'm pretty sure I passed out on the floor." I giggled at the story.

"Seven foot frame, rats along his back," Camilo sang, creeping closer to me. "when he calls your name, it all fades to black...."

He was about an inch away from my face and I chuckled, closing my eyes as our lips met. When he pulled away, I saw the familiar smirk on his face before he hopped up and said goodnight.

I finished my soothing cup of tea and went to sleep, cuddled up under Camilo's blanket and trying not to worry about everything that had been happening.

10k?! Thank you all ❤️