𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿. 𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘬

"𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗸"

"𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗸"

𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗼'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃
𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸....

As soon as I heard a faint thud close by, my head snapped away from the audience as I turned my attention to the noise. Gasping, I immediately fell to my knees when I saw Y/N laying on the ground. She appeared to be unconscious and her face was bright red.

"Tío Bruno!" I shouted in a panic.

Bruno looked down in alarm and dropped down, sitting on the other side of her. "Mi vida...." I called out, gently placing the back of my hand on her head and cheeks. I jumped at the heat radiating from her skin.

"Y/N. Wake up, kid." Bruno shook her limp arm before feeling her face and having the same reaction as me.

The rest of my familia had noticed by now and were beginning to freak out. My mamá was already thundering and Tía Julieta was trying to think of what could be wrong and how she could cure it.

"Bring her to the living room. Quickly!" my Tía shouted frantically.

"Hang in there, kid." Tío Bruno muttered as he picked Y/N up, carefully carrying her limp, heated body in his arms as we left my room. I held onto her small hand as we went to the living room.

Bruno placed Y/N on a small bed that Casita had brought into the living room and Isabela ran in with a cold rag, placing it on her forehead. "Dios mío!" she shouted, retracting her hand in shock at the heat.

"I'll make some arepas to break the fever." Julieta announced as she ran off to the kitchen.

I sat down on the edge of the bed and used the cold rag to attempt to cool her face. I pushed some strands of hair out of her face, my worry growing immensely as a pained expression appeared on her sleeping face.

My mamá used a cool rain cloud to wash away the sweat and keep the rag cold enough, careful not to get her hair and clothes wet.

"What could be wrong with her?" Abuela asked, a bit of worry but mostly confusion in her voice. She frowned as she scanned over her red face.

"I knew she was tired from working on the song but I never expected her to be sick!" Bruno gushed, pacing back and forth across the living room.

"She said she was fine....I shouldn't have believed her." I mumbled as my eyes stung with tears of anger and concern.

What if this was more than just sickness?

𝘆/𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃

Hot. It was so hot.

I could hear panicked voices all around me, but all I could feel was burning heat. There was a cool feeling on my forehead, but it did nearly nothing against the heated skin.

"Y/N?" I heard someone's soft voice and forced my eyes open.

It was completely dark outside and only a few lights were on in the Casita. Julieta, Augustín, Camilo, and Bruno were all gathered around me as I lay on a bed in the living room.

"You passed out on the stage, mi vida. And you have a very bad fever." Camilo informed me, sitting on the bed and grasping my hands.

"Here, sweetie. You need to eat this so it breaks your fever." Augustín came over with a plate of arepas and handed me one.

"What time is it?" I asked, taking a bite out of the food. Julieta smiled and said "It's a little past midnight. Everyone else has gone to bed but we all wanted to stay awake with you so I could heal you and we could make sure it doesn't get worse."

"You don't have to do that. I'm sure I'm fine." I protested, trying to sit up. My body was weak and a bit sore, so I struggled.

"Not so fast, kid. You are definitely not fine." Bruno said, pushing me back down against the pillow. I sighed in defeat and finished eating the arepa in my hand.

I could feel my body react to the food and already felt less pain. It would probably take a bit before the fever cooled, but my eyes widened at the effect. "Thank you, Julieta." I smiled gratefully. She returned it as Augustín patted me on the shoulder. "Try to get some more rest, sweetheart. It'll help. Your fever should fade away before too long."

Nodding I told him "Okay." Rolling onto my side, I wrapped Camilo's blanket that I had been using since my first night in his tightly around my body. Camilo crawled behind me on the bed and wrapped his arms around me, my back pressed into his chest. "I'm going to get you sick." I warned him.

Without a moment's hesitation, he replied "I don't care."

When I woke up at around nine o'clock the next morning, the fever was gone and I felt a bit better, though my body was still aching and I had almost no energy.

I managed to eat a bit of breakfast, but I mainly laid in bed all morning, too weak to do anything.

Camilo stayed by me the whole time, ignoring his chores to entertain me. He would read to me some and would also sing and perform songs to make me laugh. Other times, he would just sit beside me and we would sit and chat. I was extremely cold the entire time, staying under the warm blanket.

At around noon, I ate a bit of lunch and went back to sleep. I definitely needed a nap. The family had lunch while I was resting, but when I woke up, I was immediately horrified at my heated skin.

I shouted for assistance and Bruno and Dolores came running into the room. Dolores, of course, had heard me, and Bruno was in the kitchen.

They both felt of my face to check for a fever and their hands retracted instantly, as if it had burned them.

In unison, they yelled for Julieta. The rest of the family came in and all started panicking about how high my fever must be. "It's okay, mi vida." Camilo assured me, reaching for my hand.

He helped and pulled it back, looking down at a fresh burn. "What the-"

I screamed as my hand was suddenly on fire, a sparkling flame sitting in my palm as I attempted to put it out, frantically shaking my hand.

Everyone freaked out as the same thing happened on my other palm. But I began to calm down when I realized that it didn't hurt.

Breathing heavily, I gently ran a finger through the flame. Everyone noticed this and watched in confusion and shock as I examined the fire, not afraid, only curious.

Abuela shook her head in disbelief. "No....It can't be...."