𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻. 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯

"𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻"

"𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻"

𝘆/𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃
𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘺 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨....

The next morning was already tough as soon as Camilo and I woke up. It was obvious that my nightmare had worried us both, though we did not talk about it any more. But as soon as I woke, I could feel the dread in the pit of my stomach and knew that the day would be rough.

Once Camilo and I left his- or our- room, I could see how gloomy and depressing the atmosphere was. Everyone was stressed out, especially Pepa. She sat on the staircase with a thunder cloud above her head as rain poured outside. It was dark and stormy and made me shiver. Thankfully, I had put on one of Camilo's ruanas over my dress, keeping me a bit warmer.

Félix attempted to calm his pressured wife, who was causing the storm, but Pepa didn't appear to be feeling any better.

"Camilo, will you find Mirabel?" Abuela said, standing with Pepa, Félix, Camilo, and I in the main area of the Casita. "Yes, Abuela." Camilo replied respectfully. I trailed behind as we walked through the house. "Mira-"

Camilo was cut off when he suddenly shape-shifted into a baby, most like because of his stress. "Mirabel!" he yelled in a high-pitched baby voice. I smiled slightly, but felt much too down-in-the-dumps to laugh.

Glancing up, I saw Mirabel hiding behind a house plant with Bruno. I subtly quirked an eyebrow towards them, but Mirabel held up a finger to be quiet and Bruno waved awkwardly with a lopsided grin.

Shaking my head, I followed Camilo on.

"So...." I decided to break the silence. He had already shape-shifted back into his own form now, and he glanced back at me. "Last night was....interesting...."

"I'm not sure if that's the right word, mi vida." he joked, though I could easily see that his eyes held a feeling of bitterness and worry.

"Yeah." I laughed dryly. "Do you think it....meant something?"

Camilo stopped walking and looked me in the eyes, the most serious expression I've ever seen him have on his face. "I hope not."

Those three words themselves caused my stomach to turn. If Camilo was this upset by the nightmare, then something was definitely wrong. It had a very negative affect on both of us, especially with the chaos that was already going on with the Madrigals.

Camilo sighed in defeat and held my hand as we walked back to where his parents sat on the staircase, Abuela standing in front of them and arguing with Julieta and Augustín. I flinched and my eyebrows furrowed at Abuela's hateful tone towards her son-in-law.

"Pepa! Calm down!" the old woman ordered as snow and rain fell from above Pepa's head. "I'm doing my best. You're lucky it's not a hurricane." Pepa defended herself.

"Mamá, you've always been too hard on Mirabel." Julieta told her mother. "Look around," Abuela gestured to a small crack forming in the wall. "We must protect our family, our Encanto. We cannot loose our home."

The door creaked open, revealing a man from town. "Señora, people from town are growing anxious about the magic. They wish to see you." Abuela sighed and turned before stopping and looking back at Julieta and Augustín. "Mirabel was in that vision for a reason. Find her."

"We looked!" Camilo called humorously after Abuela had shut the door. I laughed lightly and hit him on the arm.

Suddenly, someone grabbed my arm and I was jerked into a hallway. I gasped in fright but relaxed when I realized it was only Dolores. "Borrowing Y/N!" she called to the others who I had been in the room with.

Without bothering to explain herself, she dragged me up the stairs and to her door. She opened it and we went inside, me trailing behind nervously.

Dolores' room was not what I was expecting, though I didn't really know what I expected. It was a small valley surrounded by steep hills. The entire place was covered in grass and little plants and flowers. A small stream ran across in the middle of the field, the water clear and shimmering. In the center of the valley was a cozy looking cottage made of light-colored wood. It had a porch with a swing and a front door with a window on each side.

I followed Dolores into the cottage and immediately noticed the sound of the water running disappear. Noticing my expression of curiosity, Dolores said "This cottage is soundproof. I can't hear anything from in here and it's quite nice when I'm trying to sleep."

"Why did you bring me here, Dolores?" I asked her as we sat down on a couch.

She sighed. "I heard you and Camilo talking while you were looking for Mirabel. What do you mean about last night? What did you do?"

Figuring that there was no point in lying, I told her the truth. "I had a nightmare. The kind that is so realistic and freaky that you wake up afraid it is going to come true."

"What did you see?" Dolores whispered leaning in with her face closer to mine, her wide eyes searching my features for any clue. Her big, ruby lips were parted as she waited expectantly. And so, I explained the entire dream to her, somehow managing to keep myself from trembling at the memories. Just a dream. That's what I kept telling myself.

"Everything lately is all so chaotic. There's something wrong but it's not adding up. I can hear everything, yet I know nothing of what this all means." she said under her breath.

I gulped. "I know. I'm just trying to forget about it and just hope it's a dream. The Casita and the Encanto are more important right now and I'm doing my best to help your family."

Dolores looked up at me, breaking her stare down with the floor. "I'm glad I found you at our door that day." I smiled warmly and she returned it.

She shook her head, remembering something. "I'm sorry for dragging you here. You should get back to Camilo or he'll get worried. His shirt looks good on you." She winked.

My cheeks burned as I stood up, smoothing out my clothes. "You know Y/N," Dolores said as I opened the door. "Camilo really cares about you. I've never seen him act that way before you came into our lives."

I smiled slightly and thought for a moment. In the end, I only nodded with sincerity and left her room.

Accidentally created an entire plot line for this story along with the Encanto plot so things are getting interesting now.....😳😏