𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻. 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘴

"𝗰𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀"

"𝗰𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀"

𝘆/𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘰𝘰𝘯....

When I left Dolores' room and was greeted with the same gloomy and rainy environment, I found myself missing the peaceful, sunny valley and quiet little cottage. Dolores had a very amazing room. Maybe I could see the others rooms sometime too. I'm sure theirs are just as wonderful.

Then I heard some peculiar noises above me and frowned, listening carefully. I realized that it was the sound of singing.

It was Isabela who was singing. She gracefully swung around the house on vines, growing colorful variations of plants everywhere she touched.

I was surprised by this. I had never seen Isabela grow anything besides perfect, pretty blossoms. But these plants were filled with emotion and beauty. I grinned just at the sight of them and the happy look on Isa's face.

She stood with Mirabel on the roof in front of the magic candle. Isabela sung some words warmly before pulling Mirabel into a kind embrace.

The way is clearer cause you're here
And well, I owe this all too you
What else can I do?

The candle burned brighter than ever and I started in amazement as they continued to sing. I hurried down the stairs as the two sisters fell in a pile of beautiful blossoms on the floor in the main area of the Casita.

"You're a bad influence." Isabela laughed, flicking some flowers into Mirabel's face."Oh hey, Y/N!" the girl with glasses greeted. A flowered vine suddenly sprung up and crawled towards me. "Come join us!" Isabela insisted as the vine dragged me by the arm towards them. I giggled as I fell into the pile of blossoms.

The dust from whatever flowers we were laying was very colorful. Isabela's dress was now stained in many different bright hues and Camilo's shirt that I wore was now tie-dyed.

Isabela blew some yellow flowers out of her hand and they landed in my hair, scattering among the strands and sticking there. "Thank you, Isa." I smiled brightly, forgetting about the rain for a moment. "It seems you finally realized how amazing you are." I told her truthfully.

"Well I realized I don't need to be perfect." she said, rolling around a bit in the petals. "And I think we saved the miracle!" Mirabel added happily. I grinned and closed my eyes, feeling relieved and joyful.

"What is going on?!" Abuela's angry voice harshly awakened me from my moment of joy.

Isabela, Mirabel, and I immediately sat up, solemn looks on our faces. Abuela stood in front of us and the rest of the family gathered around in the dark halls.

"Abuela!" Mirabel said. "Everything's okay! It's- we're gonna save the miracle! The magic!" We all stood up, Isa with a look of shame, Mirabel with hope, and me with a mix of worry and fear.

"What are you talking about?! Look at our home! Look at your sister!"

"Please just....Isabela wasn't happy and-" Abuela cut her off. "Of course she isn't happy. You ruined her proposal."

"No! She needed me to ruin her proposal. And then we did all this," Mirabel gestured to the plants all over the house. "And the candle burned brighter, and the cracks- that's why I'm in the vision. I'm saving the miracle." She grinned at her grandma, proud of herself for once and I smiled slightly.

But Abuela did not listen.

"You have to stop, Mirabel!" The girl's happy smile disappeared as she listened in confusion. "The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you. Luisa's losing her powers. Isabela's out of control. And you!" I jumped as she suddenly turned towards me.

"I invited you into my Casita," Abuela shouted. "I let you stay with my family and all you have done is help cause trouble and ruin everything. You ungrateful brat!"

I felt a sting in my cheek and my head turned to the side. As soon as I felt it, Pepa's thunder boomed fiercely. Tears stung in my eyes and I fought to keep them back as I looked up at Abuela. She faltered a bit, shocked at her own actions.

Camilo immediately stepped forward and pulled me behind him. "Don't touch her again, Abuela." he said coldly. His tone caused goosebumps to erupt on my arms.

Abuela glared and turned back to Mirabel as Camilo wrapped his arm around me, gently examining my red cheek.

"This is all because of you!" Abuela accused Mirabel in a yell. "I don't know why you weren't given a gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family!"

The cracks were spreading around the Casita worse than ever now and quiet thunder could be heard in the sky. Mirabel looked down sadly. "I will never....be good enough for you....Will I? No matter how hard I try." She glanced over at the rest of the family. "No matter how hard any of us tries. Luisa will never be strong enough. Isabela won't be perfect enough. Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in him."

"Bruno didn't care about this family!" Abuela seethed. Angered even more by her words, I stepped in defiantly. "Bruno loves this family. I love this family!"

"We all love this family!" Mirabel agreed. "You're the one that doesn't care. You're the one breaking our home!"

"Don't you ever-"

"The miracle is dying because of you!"

They both fell silent and only creaking and cracking noises could be heard. Everyone gasped softly, many wide pairs of eyes glancing around in fear.

A large crack suddenly split through the floor and the ground began to shake. The walls around the magic candle cracked, the candle almost falling.

Mirabel took off running towards the candle, Casita attempting to help get her up there. "Mirabel!" I shouted, running after her.

"Come back, mi vida!" I could hear Camilo shout for me and take off, but I didn't look back. I leapt through the air, trying the grab the crumbling railing and barely held on as Mirabel continued towards the candle.

Maintaining my grip, I yelled for Mirabel to stop and fought to pull myself up. Camilo was running up the crumbling stairs and floors, shape shifting multiple times as he tried to reach me.

He fell to the ground, failing to grab the railing, and landed on his knees on the floor. I lost my grip seconds later, falling beside him."Let's go, Y/N. We can't stay, mi amor." he pleaded, standing up and pulling me with him. "No!" I disagreed, looking back at Mirabel.

Ignoring my protests, Camilo picked me up and began to run towards the front doors. We barely made it out as a piece of the ceiling fell where we had been.

He set me on my feet as we made it into the rainy outdoors, but kept his arms around me protectively so I couldn't run back inside.

"Casita will help Mirabel, Y/N." Félix attempted to assure me. He and Pepa stood with their children and me. Luisa and Isabela had just made it out and Julieta and Augustín were still attempting to reach their daughter. Abuela stood somewhere alone behind us. Good.

When the entire house had crumbled, Mirabel sat on her knees on the rubble-covered ground, Casita using two doors to create a triangle around her so that she wasn't injured by falling pieces. Dust covered Mirabel's dress and glasses and she cupped the nearly gone candle in her palms. She held it out from her chest to get a look at it, hoping she had saved it.

But the candle went out.