26. 𝐺𝑜 𝐵𝑒 𝑊𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝐻𝑖𝑚

May 6, 2023

Queen

I let him.

꧁꧂

I straddled him on the bed and he wrapped his arms around my waist as his tongue dipped into my mouth for the hundredth kiss today. From the shower, to brief kisses as I dried my hair and got dressed into his oversized clothes, there was no break. It wasn't like I needed one, but I never imagined that Syn would be satisfied with just this. I didn't exactly think I was the most entertaining kisser, but the way he pulled me in and attacked my lips nonstop made me feel like I was made out of fucking cotton candy.

He on the other hand was always whiskey with a tinge of vanilla even though he was adamant he didn't care for sweets. His hands roamed up his pair of boxer briefs that I was wearing and I grinned on top of him, moaning as I felt him harden under me.

I knew why he didn't want to have sex and a part of me even appreciated the thought, but the part of me that missed him didn't give a fuck about all of that.

I pulled away from our kiss and took a deep breath as I laid my hands on his strangely heated chest. "I need a second," I breathed out. "I'm sure you need one too."

"Not at all." He smiled softly. "If anything, this is the only thing keeping me sane right now." A sudden dark look passed over his features as he rubbed the pad of his thumb across the bottom of my lip.

"Your eyes are still red, though." I pointed out. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay." He smiled. I took note of the fact that it didn't fully reach his eyes and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"Would you tell me if something was wrong?"

He laughed softly and shook his head. "Don't ask me things like that." Before I could say anything else, his lips were on mine again and I lost my train of thought. He slowly moved backward until he was fully on his back and I was leaning over him, my short hair cascading over his face.

He didn't seem to mind it, but after the fourth time I attempted to push it away, he stopped kissing me. I sat up on top of him, giving him an apologetic smile that he didn't give a second glance to as he raised his arm. "Sorry," I grimaced. "You know I don't—"

"I know." He removed a hair tie from his wrist that I hadn't noticed due to the silver bracelet he was wearing, and reached for my hair. I lowered my head as he gathered my hair to tie it, but after one wrap-around, it snapped and I burst into laughter. "Shit," he cursed as my hair fell back down.

He held up the tie that was no longer a circle anymore but instead a straight and short black broken material. "You wouldn't happen to have another one, huh?" I teased.

"No, I'm afraid I've been out of practice for a while," he said, focusing on the item. I watched as he delicately tied the two ends together in an attempt to fix it and after a few seconds, he held it up. "Have a little faith in me." He smiled. "Come here."

I bent down once again and after a few moments of gathering what he could, it was tied into his interpretation of a bun. I'd never go outside looking like this, but he tried. "Thank you," I said sweetly, taking my eyes off the mirror on his dresser.

"Mhmm."

His hand gently moved to the nape of my neck and he pulled me down for another kiss as a slow smile spread across my lips. Before our lips made contact, my phone rang from his nightstand and I groaned, dropping my head to his chest.