108. 𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡- 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑇𝑤𝑜

Syn

Sprouts formed in the planters, growing taller until they blossomed into bright yellow sunflowers and I exhaled, rubbing that aching spot in my chest. She gasped as she noticed them and I brought my eyes back up to her. She looked at them for a moment, confusion pooling in her brown eyes before it registered in her head.

I could just see the moment the tension left her body as she bit her bottom lip, stopping herself from smiling as she nodded slowly. "Syn," she whispered simply. "If you're here...give me a sign." I rolled my eyes. I wasn't a fucking ouija board. "Please? Don't be offended."

She knew me too well.

I snapped my fingers, the petals immediately wilting and falling— making a smile form across her face before she stepped onto the balcony. "Okay." She nodded. "You're alive? You're okay and everything? If yes, bring them back to life."

"One question at a time, please," I muttered, reviving the plants with a single whisper as the pain in my chest became sharp. She winced- a hand over her own chest as she scrunched her face in pain.

"Okay sorry, no more questions." She groaned before rubbing her chest and looking somewhere in the distance with a sigh. "Okay, Syn. I have no idea what the fuck is happening right now, but I trust you."

"As you should."

As if hearing me, a slow smile spread across her lips and I sank back into the seat, not looking away from her. "I'll give you three days, max," she said. "After that, I'm tearing this bitch apart. Are we clear?"

Tear it up, Princess. I smiled before whispering, "Crystal." With another snap of my fingers, the plants died once again and she nodded, crossing her arms.

"Good," she said. "When you get the chance— not right now but when you..." She cringed, rubbing her chest. "...feel better, please bring the plants back- so I know this wasn't a dream."

Okay...

She waited a brief moment, a lingering pause for my "answer" before she turned back to the door. She walked a few steps before turning back around. "Listen," she began, blinking away tears. "I know you would have come in here by now if you could— and if you can't come in, that means I can't leave right now." I closed my eyes for a moment. "If anything happens to me..."

"Don't."

"Take care of yourself, and take care of Saint. He'll need you," she said, her fingers toying with the engagement ring. "I love you, and...umm." She sniffled." "...I'll see you s-soon. Let's go with— let's say that."

She wiped her eyes before rushing back into the room and I rolled my eyes— pissed at her for even thinking that there was even a possibility I'd let her leave me so easily. Nobody was dying- especially not her. I'd yell her ear off at some point for even letting the idea cross her mind— she was just scared right now and if I was being honest, I was too.

But her soul belonged to Hell— it was mine. If the worst happened and she did die, her soul would fall right onto my lap. Black magic was a bitch to deal with later and it fed on your soul- but I'd resurrect her until I was a fucking vegetable.

There would be pain and a lot of bloodshed— I knew that. But death was completely off the table.

I sighed, relaxing into the seat as I closed my eyes. I let the cabin move to the far back of my mind— the 'whooing' of the owls becoming a distant screech as my body sunk into the chair. After a moment, I felt myself being pushed like I was being thrust out of water after drowning for ages.