Follow the Light

"Yume-senpai! Someone gave me these flowers and told me to give them to you!" Said Sora, Theatre Class' admin one lovely summer morning.

Yume examined the flowers. "They look lovely. Do you know who the guy was?"

Sora shook her head. "He had sunglasses over his eyes and wore a cap, so I don't know neither his hair colour nor the shade of his eyes. However, at least we know he's in the high school division, since he was wearing their designated tracksuit." She explained.

"That's a shame." Mahiru spoke. "But, with my detective skills, Laura-chan and I can easily figure that out!" She said confidently.

Yume furrowed her brows, puzzled. "What does Laura-chan have to do with this? If you're looking for a brainy individual to help you out, why not ask Ako-chan? She recently topped our grade in the 'non-verbal reasoning' section. Give her the clues and she'll quickly solve it for you!" She asked.

"Ako's too occupied with her own feelings for the time being, and I do not wish to disturb her." Answered Mahiru in a robotic tone, and Sora, who seemed to understand her words, giggled.

The blonde S4 member pouted. "You guys are strange."

~~~

"Of course I'll help you, Mahiru!" Laura agreed happily. "Last time, we did a great job finding who gave Aria those albums, so with our detective and shipping spirit, we can crack the code with ease!"

Mahiru was very pleased. "Of course, we know it may be from Subaru-kun after all, so I've asked my brother to observe him and especially his room from time to time. Nozomu-kun has also volunteered to help, mainly because I said I would blackmail the 'evidence' we had from Aria's case to the paparazzi if he doesn't. Kanata-kun, however, doesn't want to help. If only we have proof he likes Ako-chan..."

Laura chuckled. "Never mind! With these people, we can solve the case fast! I've worked with Asahi-kun before, and he's a total genius! Meanwhile, Nozomu-kun's personal experience with love can be our reference when it comes to Subaru-kun's feelings. I don't think Kanata-kun would be that much of a help anyways, so it's fine!"

"I feel blessed to have friends like you guys." Mahiru smiled, and retrieved her phone from her pocket. "I'll ask my brother now for more clues!"

Laura waited patiently for news as Mahiru texted Asahi. "Ahha! Asahi found clues from Subaru-kun's room!" However, Mahiru soon returned in triumph.

"There's a huge teddy bear in his room which obviously doesn't belong to him. It's securely inside a transparent plastic bag, and there's also a note addressed to Yume-chan on the package. Asahi promised to send us a picture of the bear... Ahha! Here it is!"

The girls steadied themselves, readying themselves for adventure.

~~~

"Who do you think you are!" Exclaimed Asahi in fear. "Stop going through every single item in Subaru's bedroom -- he will be back in any time, and if he finds out we have searched his room for possible evidence about his crush on Yume, we will be doomed!"

"Shut up, Asahi!" Demanded Mahiru, annoyed. "We're trying to dig into something that will affect our best friend's life forever, and it's very important, so keep your mouth zipped!"

Asahi begged and whined. "Please! Stop! Or else I'll need to carry out extra chores on behalf of Kanata's team of maids despite not living in the same dorm!" He trembled. Mahiru was about to slap her brother karate-style, when Laura let out a shriek of excitement. "I found something suspicious!"

The three gathered around Subaru's drawer. Pastel-coloured post-its were visible inside, along with an array of presents fit for Yume's taste -- pink stationery, notebooks and even some high-class snacks only for the very rich.

"Oh wow!"

Mahiru's eyes widened with elation as she snapped pictures along with Laura. "I didn't expect to find so much proof of Subaru's crush!"

Laura smirked. "I guess we'll have many opportunities to expose him in future gatherings, right, Mahiru!"

"Yes!" The girls high-fived each other.

And Asahi couldn't help but face-palm. He would be in big trouble if Subaru found out he, along with his sister Mahiru, and her friend, Laura, had snuck into his bedroom while he was training the first-years. Not only the girls, but he would be severely disciplined by the strict leader of M4 as a so-called 'accomplice'.

The girls soon left the dorm, giggling, leaving Asahi all alone.

I guess it won't be long before Subaru and Nozomu come back. I better tidy up the room and leave it look like it's untouched. I guess it's a blessing Kanata had to leave for Kira Holdings issues early in the morning. Or else, I'll be doomed.

***

Hello! Here's a relatively short chapter for you guys! Hope you like it, and remember to click the vote button before you go!