Into the Sky

Ako returned to the dormitory with a huge smile on her face, and the other S4 members were surprised by her growth. "You truly changed for the better!" Yuzu cried fake tears, hugging the redhead. "I'm so proud of you, Ako-chi!"

Yume balled up her fists in determination. "If Ako-chan can do it, why can't I?" She declared. "I'm going to improve my skills so that I won't fall behind!"

Yuzu was extremely pleased by the younger's words. "That's the spirit!" She remarked, giving the younger girl a soft pat on the head. "However, Kanata will be having tight schedules from now on 'cause he'll start filming as a mentor for Japan's newest survival show. Besides, Ako-chi has booked his remaining free time to review her progress. Therefore, I suggest you to train with Subaru-chi."

"Not the boiled octopus!" Whined the blonde, pouting. "You once told us Nozomu-kun is the second-best dancer in M4. Why can't I train with him instead? The boiled octopus is extremely annoying and frustrating to be around with!"

Unable to think of an excuse, Yuzu stayed silent. "Well," Spoke up Mahiru for S4's leader, "Nozomu is busy filming for his upcoming romance movie. Besides, he's busy enough as the gobal ambassador for different fashion brands -- he has a red carpet event this week, which comes with a solo dance performance, so he's busy practicing." She was fortunate to remember what her brother, Asahi told her in a phone call the night before. 

Silently giving Mahiru a 'thank you', Yuzu stepped in. "Ahha! Thanks for filling in, Mahiru-chi! And that's why you should pair up with Subaru-chi. Besides interviews from several magazines, he doesn't work much. And although not being the best at dance, you have to remember that all four M4 members are well-rounded. Subaru-chi's good at it for sure! It's just that two of his teammates are better than him."

The leader of S4 let out a soft chuckle. "I know you want to learn from the best of the best, but Nozomu's style of dancing is not what you're looking for, and Kanata's teaching style doesn't suit you much."

"Why?" Wailed the younger. "I don't mind tough training! No matter how hard it is, I'll get through it!" 

Yuzu face-palmed. "It's not like that, Yume-chi." She said. "You ask Ako-chi."

The redhead nodded in agreement, however did not say anything.

Yume sighed in defeat. "Fine! But only for one day!" She pouted.

~~~

"Oh my god! Congrats!" Cheered Nozomu when he heard the good news. "Our Subaru-kun finally has a date of his very own!" 

Asahi clapped and cooed in delight. "There you go, bro!" Kanata answered, despite his head being stuck in a book. "Our Subaru-kun is finally grown-up!"

"You three! I'm the oldest and the leader here!" Subaru growled, annoyed. "You're acting like it's my university graduation or worse- my wedding day."

Nozomu shook his head. "You underestimated the power of first dates! First impressions are very very important! Think of it, man! Your first hang-out with Yume-chan! Alone! Are you that dumb?"

"It's not a date! Shut up you three! We're just friends!" Protested the oldest.

"I swear if you keep acting like this, you'll not have a girlfriend until Asahi graduates from university. And a small reminder: he's a year younger than us." Kanata whispered, but the elder heard. "You green-head!"

Not wanting this 'talk' to end, Nozomu quickly resolved the 'argument'. "Kanata and Ako are 'friends', but they text and hang out often. Besides, Yume-chan is an amiable young lady -- who wouldn't want to hang out with her?"

Hearing his best friend's words, Subaru quickly typed an 'ok' to the 'tomato-like' girl. To be honest, he couldn't wait for the day to come. 

~~~

"Sorry that I'm late!" 

Yume panted for breath as she sprinted towards the elder. "I got carried away dressing up, ehhe"

"Never mind!" Subaru chuckled, offering to fix her already messy hair. They headed towards the school's sports stadium, while chit-catting along with way, catching up with recent activities of not only them, . "You say Kanata and Ako kissed not only during the film production, but also in a corridor behind-the-scenes? My goodness! He's totally whipped for Ako, haha!" Chortled Subaru. 

Yume nodded, though not understand why Subaru was roaring with laughter. "It's true! In fact, Ako-chan told me herself!" 

The boy cackled. "Well, it'll be a thing I'll tease Kanata about, ahha! Thanks for letting me know, Yume-chan."

"No problem! Have fun black-mailing!"

Time skip...

Yume was completely worn out after singing while running laps in the stadium, despite having stable vocals. On the other hand, Subaru didn't feel anything -- mainly because to the elder boy, five laps were a piece of cake. 

"Argh! Give me five minutes to rest, please! I'm exhausted!" Whined the girl, letting down her pigtails so that she could restyle it. Meanwhile, the boy peered her curiously as she professionally tied her hair into pigtails like how a stylist would style their client. Perhaps, Subaru noticed, it was because she'd gotten used to it as she wore pigtails every single day. And she looks absolutely adorable in them. 

Shyly, the elder took the initiative to hold the girl's hand, and quickly snapped a photo as part of Asahi's dare. Although he was sick of the members joking around and throwing one dare after another, he found this one kinda interesting. Besides, who wouldn't want to hold her hands all day long? Except for his members, that is. 

And as Yume fumbled around, texting with her parents and fellow S4 teammates, the boy made use of the time to think.

Sometimes, he was jealous of Asahi. The younger was bubbly, optimistic, therefore earning himself a crowd of friends. He was jealous how Asahi would casually approach Nanakura Koharu and flirt with her, like nothing happened, as if they were having a casual conversation. Him? He couldn't even make a single conversation with Nijino Yume without his face turning completely red. 

"What's wrong?" Asked Yume, noticing something was wrong. 

"Nothing"

Yume shook her head firmly. "There must be a reason."

"IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!"

Subaru closed his eyes, regretting what he'd just said. "I'm sorry..." He leaned forward to pat her head, but she only flinched in reply. "I-I didn't mean to! I'm sorry. Yume. I've been very stressed recently, and I'm sorry I lashed out on you. If I o-offended you, I'm deeply sorry."

"It's alright." Smiled the younger. "Is there anything you want me to do? We're friends, remember? How can I help you relieve your anxiety or--"

He slipped up his hand, interrupting her. "Stay. Stay with me. That's all I need." 

Please stay with me, Yume. I only need you. Spend the entire day with me. That way, I'll recover faster, as you're the only one in my heart.

 Yume nodded. "Then, can we train more?"

"Sure. Why not?"

Yume learnt quite a lot about the older that day, and they became closer friends, despite not training much. And she would rather stay it that way. 

She knew they would have more hang-outs as friends in the coming months to come...
It was certain they would, since Subaru promised her, and according to Mahiru, he never breaks his promises. 

But, Yume didn't know she was slowly falling for the brown-haired male.

***

Welcome back to a new chapter! How have you guys been? It's kinda tough for me, but luckily I have holidays coming up, so I'm able to get some rest and hopefully, re-upload chapters!
This was a much fun chapter to re-write than what I'd expected -- mainly because Yume's such a kind and compassionate person. 

Love you guys <33
Momoka~