Endless Memories

The four S4 girls huddled together after a very successful concert. To be honest, Yume, Ako and Mahiru were quite nervous because it was their first concert as part of S4, but they managed to please the audience and have fun at the same time, too.

To please the younger members, Nikaido Yuzu, the oldest, promised to do a special 'Q&A', sharing her deepest secrets and honest opinions.

"Yuzu, how did you and my brother get close?"

"Yuzu! What do you think of M4?"

"Yuzu-senpai, can you teach me how to learn choreographies faster?"

"I'll answer them one by one." Began Yuzu, grinning from ear to ear. "I'll answer Yume-chi's question first. Since you aren't a professional yet, I don't recommend you learning using fan-cams unless you need to cover a specific person. You can learn faster by tutorials, as they are more easier to follow."

Yume thanked her senior politely. "I'll make sure to follow these tips!" She said cheerfully.

"As for your question," Yuzu turned to Mahiru, "it was because both of us were the youngest of our groups respectively. Him being the spoilt maknae of M4 and me as the tiger baby of the S4's 25th Generation made us closer in some way, as we have the same experiences. Besides, we were born in the same year. It sucks to have three elder members whom want you to behave. But, now, I'm in charge of the three of you, ahha!"

Mahiru and Yume pouted. "That's not nice of you!" They chorused.

However, the elder girl ignored their complaint, moving to Ako's question.

"Let's start with Asahi-chi, shall we?" The blonde thought for a while before answering. "Well, from a dancer's point of view, Asahi-chi shines best when it comes to more feminine choreography, as he is highly flexible. Asahi-chi is a really good friend, to be honest. He's always smiling, and fun to be around with. But, when he's working, he can still be a professional, so different from the usual Asahi-chi. I think Mahiru-chi is extremely lucky to have Asahi-chi as her elder brother!"

Mahiru was very pleased with Yuzu's description, and clapped the elder girl on the shoulder before she turned to Yume. "Hope you'll be a fan of M4 after Yuzu's 'talk', ahha!" She said, then let Yuzu continue.

"Kanata... I don't really spend a lot of time with him despite being the top of our respective sections in the dance category, so I don't know much about him. He's quiet, calm and reserved. He's really good at what he does, though. His diversity is amazing. He can literally switch from contemporary to street dance in just a few seconds. His body control is also on point, and his-"

Ako sighed. "Next, please! I do not want to hear your dance analysis lectures, thank you!"

Yuzu closed her eyes for a second, then resumed her talking. "You can fight me about this, but to me, Nozomu-chi is the second best dancer in M4. His moves are cleanly executed, but he does need to work more on his arm strength. Nozomu-chi as a friend is courteous and always polite and helpful. A prince is what I'll use to describe him, as he can literally be one. He is very easygoing and a good listener. He gives great advice, too. I'm really proud of having Nozomu-chi as someone I can always talk to."

Mahiru nodded in agreement, being on the same mind.

"Subaru-chi's movements lack fluidity, especially when he dances next to Nozomu. However, his movements are precise and accurate." Yuzu did her expert 'analysis', to start. "Subaru is the hardest member of M4 for me to approach, due to his 'cold' exterior -- at least Kanata and I have common interests. However, this soon changed when he helped me during filming an ad for Four Star Academy. He is not the person to show his feelings to others easily, but with time, he'll open up and show you his charming, laid-back side."

Content with Yuzu's answer to her question, Ako grinned. "I'll try harder to bond with Subaru-kyun, then!" She said, while hugging her Subaru pillow.

Kasumi Mahiru tried her best not to sigh and facepalm at the girl's denseness. "Yuzu, can I ask you another question?" She asked. "Hmm... will you give us some advice on how to improve our dance?"

The eldest S4 fumbled a little with her hands before starting. "Mahiru-chi, you're good at it! However, you need time to find your own style of dancing. Practice more by your own and learn more choreographies so you'll know what style suits you best! To be honest, you're very diverse, so it'll take some time, therefore I wish you good luck!"

With poise and grace, Mahiru politely thanked her senior and friend for her kind words. The blonde's gaze then turned to the redhead.

"Ako-chi's dance style reminds me greatly of Hime-chi's. It is greatly shaped by her background in ballet. Therefore, it is harder for her to execute more powerful steps, meaning she lacks strength." She paused for a moment, trying to figure a perfect 'cure' to Ako's weakness.

She soon found the answer. "I suggest you to train more with Kanata to develop a more energetic, stronger style. He'll provide much better training than I do 'cause he practically fixed Hime-chi's dance in a month." She advised, and Ako flinched in fear.

"Why him?" She complained. "I've had enough of him! I don't know how I can look at him the same way after I accidentally walked on when he was changing his clothes in the dressing room!"

"Do you know how lucky you are? Many girls had only dreamed of doing so. You should know that, as Subaru-chi's Official Fan-Club President. But let's get back into business, shall we?" She let out a small chuckle when noticing Ako's face turning redder than usual. "Do you want your dance to improve, then?"

"Of course!" Came a chirpy nod. She twisted her head a little and saw Mahiru and Yuzu high-fiving each other. They're acting weird again.

Nevertheless, Yuzu and Mahiru soon regained their composures. Yuzu looked up at the ceiling, staring at the chandelier for a few seconds to calm herself down. "Meanwhile," she continued. "Yume-chi fits those girly, bubbly concepts like me. She's great for someone whom just started learning after entering Four Star Academy. Her stage presence is amazing, and she knows to attract people's attention when performing in a large group, making her stand out. That's why Yume-chi is perfect center material! She just lacks confidence and needs to develop her techniques. But never mind! I'll help you!"

Yume, innocent and oblivious to the world around her, mumbled a quick 'thank you', as Ako asked the next question.

"How was M4 formed?"

Nikaido Yuzu looked at Ako with a raised eyebrow. "I thought Tsubasa-chi told you! I don't know the details, but apparently Subaru-chi wanted to form a male version of S4 after seeing S4 performing one day. He told his ideas to the headmaster, whom agreed to establish a permanent male unit with four members, one from each class." She clarified.

"Nozomu-chi was the first to be recruited, as Subaru-chi's best friend. Then it was Asahi. It wasn't until the first evaluations that M4 became complete. And boom! You have the most popular group in Japan. That's all I know." She shrugged. "For more accurate information, I suggest you ask Subaru-chi! Maybe, I'll phone him right now!"

"NO! Not me in my pyjamas and messy hair!"

And that night was the best the four ever had.

***

Hii hope you enjoyed this chapter! Remember to vote before you leave~ Thank you so much for all your support ahhh!