𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭, 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

𝑨𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒌-𝒐𝒓-𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, 𝑴𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏'𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆. 𝒀/𝑵 𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔. 𝑵𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒚 𝒘𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝑩𝒂𝒓𝒃.

~Y/N's P.O.V~

October 31st, 1984, Wednesday.

The school day was pretty normal, and everyone was talking about Tina's Halloween party. Currently it's the end of the school day and I told Nancy I would go to her house after school to help her look good for the party.

As I am opening my locker, I see the new guy stand next to mine. "Hi." He fixes his hair and taps his fingernails on the lockers.

"Why are you the only girl in this school to not be a cow?"

I raise a brow and shut my locker with my jacket in hand. "Well because most of the other girls, in all honesty, don't have a brain, now if you'll excuse me... I have places to be." I slightly push him out of my way and start to walk out of the building.

I see Nancy waiting for me and we both start to walk home together. Apparently, her and Steve are being Joel and Lana from Risky Business, and I'm not dressing up this year.

We arrived at her house, and I wave hi to Mrs. Wheeler. We go upstairs and sit on her bed as she grabs out the makeup box. "So, Nancy, you excited for the party?" I start to apply her makeup and she gives a half smile.

"Yeah, I mean, I couldn't be better.." I put the eyebrow brush down and grab the powder brush. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" She sighs and fixes the bow on her shirt. "Steve and I had an intense conversation about Barb earlier, and when we had dinner at her parent's house yesterday, it went okay."

I partially bite my bottom lip and keep doing her makeup. "Well, just do what is best for you Nancy, just don't drink too much." I say.

She chuckles as I apply her lip balm and give her the mascara. "We need to do a girls' day, eventually." I giggle and close her makeup box. "I love the idea of that." I put on my new jacket and smile at it.

Nancy finishes her hair, and the time is almost 6:40, meaning Steve is picking both of us up. The car ride was pretty silent, Nancy and Steve occasionally had their romantic moments, but once we saw the madness that was nearby, it changed everything.

I couldn't see Jonathan anywhere but as soon as we arrived, there was lots of alcohol and kegs both outside and inside.

Nancy and Steve walk ahead as I try to soak in the atmosphere so I'm responsible with my decisions. I see new guy give me another look before doing a keg stand... Ew.

I wouldn't say I'm super social, but I just, blended in. I would see Steve look over in my direction a few times, but then focus on Nancy. From what I saw, Nancy was drinking, a lot. It's like she was trying to escape from something.

I lean against the wall and just observe, some people came over and said hi before going back to their party behavior.

After about 10 minutes, I go over to the kitchen to see if there is anything non-alcoholic, but as soon as I close the fridge, luck striking out, new kid is right there.

"You know, I never got a chance to catch your name, I'm Billy." I see him hold out his hand for a handshake and I shake his hand, not to be rude. "I'm Y/N. I think I've seen you in a class or two of mine."