𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐬

𝑵𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑱𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒂 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒅, 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑹𝒐𝒃𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒏 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒂 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑴𝒂𝒙, 𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒀/𝑵 𝒈𝒐 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑨 𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝑩𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒗𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔.

IC/F: Ice Cream Flavor

~Y/N's P.O.V~

I feel shaken awake by someone and I open my eyes to see it's El. It's the morning and I sit up in my bed. "El?" "Y/N. I need your help." I quickly change into my clothes for the day and we sit on her bed.

She explains to me how Mike was acting weird about his grandma being sick, and being weird with his mom too. After El explains all of the situation, I say, "Wait. So you think Mike lied to not see you today?"

El nods her head and asks, "Does Steve lie to you?" I shake my head no and she gives me a surprising look. "It's because we're uhm... older than you guys. Being boyfriend and girlfriend can mean so many different and great things, and ours is just... unique."

"Max." I raise my brows on her words. "What about Max?" Eleven sits next to me and says, "We should ask her."

I sigh and walk around her room before saying, "Fine. Only because I have nothing to do today. She knows how to detect this stuff like the back of her hand. You're right." I put on my small backpack as El and I begin our adventure to Max's house.

*timeskip to when El and Y/N are near Max's street*

We both see Max off in front of her house, practicing tricks on her skateboard, El puts an arm in front of me as we watch Max attempt another trick.

She fails it and the skateboard slides to us, El steps on the board and grabs it. With me being confused, I follow her to confront Max as she is confused too. "Hi." "Hi?"

El gives Max the skateboard and I raise a brow at them. "Can we talk?"

Max gestures us to talk inside her house in her room. With El sitting on Max's bed, and Max and I standing in front of her. Eleven starts to explain to Max what she told me earlier. "And then he said he-he missed me. And then he just hung up."

I sigh saying, "It's too suspicious for Mike to change so easily." "Yeah. He's a piece of shit." Max says. "What?" El raises her brow, in confusion.

"Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today, and his Nana obviously isn't sick. I guarantee you, him and Lucas are playing Atari right now." I slightly laugh at Max's clear observation and look at El. "But friends don't lie."

Max slightly smirks giving El the hard truth. "Yeah, well, boyfriends lie. All the time." Max grabs my hand as we both sit on the bed. The smile she has right now is filled with a big plan. "You're going to stop calling him. You're going to ignore his calls. As far as you're concerned, he doesn't exist."

I nod my head and smile to go along with this. Having a fun girls' day would be super helpful. "Doesn't exist?" El asks.

Max replies with, "He treated you like garbage. You're gonna treat him like garbage." I chime in with, "You have to show off your confidence. That you can be amazing on your own and give him a taste of his own medicine."

El nods her head, understanding what Max and I both said. "Give him the medicine." Max nods her head and says, "Mm-hmm. And if he doesn't fix this, if he doesn't explain himself, dump his ass." El and I widen our eyes in response and a smile forms on my face. I stand up with Max as she grabs El's arms.