𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝

𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑬𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑴𝒂𝒙 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑩𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒚, 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒂 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒔. 𝒀/𝑵'𝒔 𝒔𝒖𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓. 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑫𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏 𝒈𝒐 𝒐𝒏 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒐𝒖𝒕, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑱𝒐𝒚𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝑯𝒂𝒘𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒔 𝑳𝒂𝒃.

~Y/N's P.O.V~

I awaken from my sleep and get out of my bed to find Hop passed out on the recliner chair. I'm not sure if his date went well or not with Joyce... I get ready for the day and fix my hair so I can go out.

I write a note to put on the fridge, but see another one there was well. Looks like El was going to Max's for a sleepover, she needs it. I hang mine next to her's and leave for the day. I visit the Hawkins Community Pool to grab my paycheck and say hi to my manager.

He says hi back and I find my paycheck and I hear him ask a question. "Have you talked to Billy lately?" I shake my head and lean against the counter. "No, why?" I reply. He says, "He's been acting a bit weird, him and Heather both called out today."

"I'm not that close with him, but I'm not sure what's going on." I clutch the paper a bit more tightly and walk out of the office, waving bye to my two co-workers.

Maybe this is why my nose bled a few nights ago? I shrug off the thought and start to walk over to Starcourt, on the way I see a child walking around the pool, very sweaty and dead-eyed.

I walk over to him ask, "Hey, kid. Are you okay?" He stares at me and the more I look at him I see something in his eyes.

"Adam!" Suddenly his friend calls him over and he runs away. Soon a red liquid comes down my left nostril and I immediately wipe it away. In a hurry I leave the pool and think of the closest person I can talk to about this. Nancy.

I run over to the nearest phone and dial the Hawkins Post. I hope her internship is going well. As the phone rings, I see something out of the glimpse of my eye. A woman in her thirties, glistening with sweat and has a stone cold stare. "Hawkins Post, how may I help you?"

"Hi, I need to speak to Nancy Wheeler. Is she available?" I keep glancing back at the woman, not in a rude way. "Let me see if she's available." The woman puts the call on hold and I anxiously wait. Nancy would have to know something, right?

I glance in the woman's direction to see another person in her place. A man who looks like he is in his fourties. They share the same stare and exhaustion on their faces. Before I could look again I hear Nancy's voice. "This is Nancy."

"Nancy, it's Y/N. I have something important to tell you. Can I meet you soon?" "Yes, yes of course. Just come over to the Hawkins Post I will see you when you get here." I hang up the phone and walk away from the booth.

Whatever is building or happening isn't good at all. A slight ache in my neck arises, realizing my gut feeling may be right. I run over to the Hawkins Post as fast I can go, in desperate need of answers. I see Nancy already waiting and we both sit down on the bench. "Y/N, are you okay?"

I shake my head and reply, "No... I'm not. I think something bad is happening... I sensed it." "What did you sense?" I sigh and put my face in my hands. "There were these... people. They looked awkwardly sweaty and dead-eyed, like they didn't have any life in them."

"The rat..." Nancy mutters. I couldn't understand her words, "The what?" I shift in my seat and sit up so I can pay more attention. "There was this rabid rat, going crazy and no one at the Post but Jonathan believed me. It was at Mrs. Driscoll's house, but..."

Our ideas intertwine and we both look at each other knowing we are thinking the same thing. "If I see this rat you're talking about, maybe it could tell me if the it's the same danger as the people I've been seeing." Nancy sneaks me inside the Post to go into a small room for their internship.

She gets Jonathan and I wave at him quickly as Nancy explains our idea. "Jonathan, I think that rat could be apart of something bigger. Y/N has been sensing things not good with her powers and if we take her to the rat, she can see if they're connected."

I notice the pictures on the table and pick up a few. They're the rat, but it couldn't focus that well. Looking at Jonathan, I slightly sense it, the most small ache, but it is definitely there. The thunderstorm approaching roars, letting us know that now may be the time to go.

Jonathan sighs and asks, "Weren't you supposed to drop the story, Nancy? It's just a stupid rat." She groans and tries to reason with him. "Jonathan that rat could be part of a bigger problem. We can give those assholes proof that this rabid rat does exist! And that there's creepy people acting very weird, maybe it spread its rabies to other people."

"Jonathan, I know it may be a long shot... but my senses aren't wrong! I felt, something when I looked at your picture of the rat. If you don't wanna go that's okay." Nancy holds out her hand and gives Jonathan a look. "Can I have your keys?"

He gives in as he grabs them out of his pocket. "Nancy, you're relentless, you know that?" Jonathan puts the keys in his pocket and starts to walk out the door. Finally, Nancy's convincing worked. "Come on."

We all run to his car and buckle in. A few minutes later it starts to rain, hard. Jonathan drove pretty hasty, and the silence was thick in the car. After about fifteen minutes, we arrive. The three of us run up to the door, Nancy knocking on the door.

"Mrs. Driscoll?" "Oh, she must not be home." Jonathan remarks. Nancy gives him a 'really?' look and counters with, "She's an 80-year-old woman and it's pouring. Where else could she be?"

I slightly turn the doorknob to see if it's unlocked, "Whoa, what are you doing?" I sigh and look at Jonathan. "Seeing if the door was unlocked." Nancy opens the door and barges in, Jonathan trying to be more cautious about this.

"Nancy-" Before entering inside, I close my eyes and try to see if I can sense her. Awakening in the void, I see a figure crouched on the floor, messing with something. I walk closer and after taking a few steps I hear the squealing, screeching, and roars from the figure. It turns around, scaring me.

It's Mrs. Driscoll, sitting on the floor eating plant fertilizer. My eyes widen in shock before hearing, "You..." I take myself out of the void and wake up. I walk inside the house to find Nancy and Jonathan in the basement, seeing what I just saw.

I stand behind the two and when she looks at me, I feel uneasy. Blood goes down my nostrils and I gasp. "Guys, we need to do something." Nancy and Jonathan look at me and see the blood. Jonathan runs upstairs to call 911 and start to breathe heavier.

"They're connected Nancy..." She holds my hand and grabs the closest thing to a weapon just in case she charges at us. Jonathan comes back downstairs and says, "They're on their way, the ambulance and Officer Callahan from the station."

Jonathan looks at me worriedly because of the blood from my nose. "Jonathan, she's connected to the people I sensed earlier. It's not good..." Mrs. Driscoll leaps towards us and we all back away.

She grabs my ankle harshly, causing me to fall face first on the floor. I feel where my left eyebrow is start to bleed bad and I try to crawl away from her.

My two friends try to pry her hand off but she is very strong. The EMTs from the ambulance run downstairs, saving my ass. They get Mrs. Driscoll on the stretcher and Nancy pulls me up from the floor.

I hug her in fear of what just happened. "Let me go! Let me go!" Her screams fill the room as the woman EMT tries to do her best. "Doris, we need you to stay calm for us, okay? Stay calm." More of her cries are heard, "I have to go back! I have to go back! I have to go back! I have to go back!"

They finish tightening the straps and carry her into the ambulance outside. "Okay, so, you three want to explain to me what in the name of Jesus just happened here??"