Chapter 35: The Fruits Of Our Labor (Lemons Too)

Gumball awoke with a gentle yawn. He felt...different. He felt...accomplished; as if he had just completed fighting a giant dragon and defeated it, saving the princess.

...the princess.

Nicole...

Gumball turned over slowly to see a very welcoming face laying down next to him, peacefully resting.

Smiling faintly, he slowly moved closer and began softly kissing her neck. This made her let out a gentle sigh before bringing her hand to the back of his head and caressing it approvingly.

As she opened her eyes, she watched her Gummypuss pull back and meet her gaze.

"Good Morning sleepyhead..." Nicole muttered, rubbing his cheek.

"Good Morning to you too~" He responded.

Gumball then laid his head on her chest and felt Nicole wrap him in a hug before playing with his hair; her fingers feeling like silk to his scalp...

"I'm glad to see you are awake. I was starting to get worried I made you fall into a coma..." She spoke, making him grin.

"If that was the case, I'd go through Hell just to get out of it. Especially for you..."

"Of course you would, you little rascal~"

With that, she rubbed his head playfully causing him to laugh before grabbing her hand in defense. As he did however, he observed it closer and noticed the silver ring on her finger.

The proposal...

'It really happened...'

Gumball brought her hand to his face and kissed it gently.

"You're my fiancée now, huh?"

Nicole again wrapped him in another hug, kissing his neck in return.

"I am indeed."

This seemed to make his heart flutter in excitement just hearing those words.

"Looks like I hit the jackpot..."

Nicole laughed this time and drew him into a very loving kiss before pulling back to respond to such flattery.

"I'd say you're right."

Gumball rested his forehead against hers.

"So...since we are engaged now...I guess that means we got to get married. But...when?"

"How about today?"

"T-Today?!" Gumball asked, pulling back to look at her directly to make sure he heard her right.

"Yeah."

"But...but why? This is all so sudden..."

"Well, we don't need a formal ceremonial wedding Gumball...there isn't exactly many people here, now is there?"

"I-...I guess you are right. That would make sense..." He admitted, rubbing his chin.
"But what about a reception? Do you still want to do that?"

"Of course! That sounds like a wonderful idea." Nicole responded joyfully.

Gumball shuffled a little.

"Um...I got another question..."

"What is it sweetie?" She asked.

"Do we...need to dress up fancy again? I mean...I could if I have to, it's just-..."

He paused, looking at her awkwardly before continuing.