Chapter 8.

We were back at the Chateau filling in Kie and Pope on what happened this morning at Miss Lanas. JJ was still super on edge and couldn't sit still, whilst John B and I were pretty quiet trying to process what happened.

"And all we hear is just, Bam! Bam! Bam! Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside" JJ is explaining very dramatically.

"Wait, first off, look at this shit" JJ says coming over to Kie, Pope and I on the couch and shaking his hands through his hair making the chipped paint fall out.

"That's dandruff, disgusting" Kie said grossed out making me laugh

"No, see, it's in her hair too" JJ said, rubbing his hands through my hair, making me slap his hand away.

"At that point, I was just like, I'm waiting for death" JJ said pacing around

"Okay so you saw the guys that shot at us right?" Pope asked us

"Yeah" I said at the same time as JJ

"Did you get a good description of them? What did they look like? Anything? Anything we can bring to a police report?" Pope asked us three

"They had brown hair?" I shrugged my shoulders

"Burly" JJ said

"That's not very helpful" Kie said back to us

"Okay, well, no, like the type of guy at my dad's garage. I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers" JJ said

"I can tell you with full confidence, these boys, these killers" He took a drag of his silver vape to calm down "They're square groupers" I rolled my eyes at his comment.

"They're square groupers, like narco square grouper? Like Pablo Escobar square grouper? Pope asked, not sure if he was making a joke

"Guys, not everything is a kingpin movie" Kie said to the boys making JJ even more agitated.

"What did these square groupers look like specifically? Because apparently you don't know what to look for" Pope asked again getting annoyed

"Dude! I wasn't taking little mental polaroids the entire time. I was under duress okay?" JJ said with a high pitched voice making me stand up and go over to him to calm him down.

"Hey, hey, JJ, calm down okay" I looked him straight in the eyes and he took a deep breath.

"I can tell you by the way that Miss Lana was screaming, that these guys are serious, serious hombres man" He said a lot calmer than before. I saw John B pull out the compass looking at it again while JJ was talking.

"It's a heavy vibe right now, okay? I'm not liking this very much" JJ said to us but he said the last comment mostly to me.

"Why do they want the compass?" Kie asked

"It's a piece of shit, you couldn't pawn it off for five bucks if you wanted too" Pope said as I went over and smacked him in the back of the head and pointed to John B who was staring at the compass "No offence, I know it's in your family"

"The office" John B said, making us all look at him.

"My dad. My dad's office" He said walking inside as we all followed him

"He always kept the office locked because he was worried about his competitors stealing his Royal Merchant research" John B started saying

"We used to laugh at him like he was actually going to find it" I commented

"But now that he's gone, I just left it as he kept it" John B said, reaching the door. I wanted to clean this out a few months ago but John B never let me.