Chapter 12.

"You guys see that?" JJ said, grabbing our attention as we were all on the pogue heading down the marsh.

"That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality and performance. 200k easy" JJ said admiring the boat driving past.

"We picked the wrong parents" Pope said

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend" Kie said as Topper and Sarah drove past us. I waved at them before giving them both the finger, causing Sarah to roll her eyes and put her sunglasses back on.

"You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch" Kie yelled out making me laugh at her.

Since none of us have the internet due to the storm, we needed to sneak into the Country Club on Figure Eight to search the coordinates for the Royal Merchant. Luckily JJ works here so he can help us get through.

"We're behind enemy lines" JJ said, pulling the gun out of the glove box.

"JJ put it back" I said to him

"You can never be too careful Sav" He said looking at me

"Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve" Pope said taking my place in the window

"Thank you Pope" I put my arm on his shoulder looking at JJ

"I swear to god, I'm going to throw that thing in the ocean JJ. Put it back" Kie said from the backseat as John B grabbed the gun putting it back in the glove box.

"Can't forget my badge" JJ said holding his badge up to me "Professional busboy" He said with a proud smile

"The best busboy there is J" I said with a wink

JJ led us through the kitchen saying hello to everyone he knew on our way through to where the computers were.

"Sweet lord, the internet" Pope said running towards a computer "I've missed you"

"Would you like a minute alone with the computer Pope?" I asked laughing at him

"Let me get in there, got to check out my insta models" JJ said, pushing Pope out of the way making me glare at him.

"Hey hey, I got the map" John B said, giving the map to Pope to look up the coordinates.

"Boom, continental shelf right there" John B said pointing at the map

"Well, if it's off the deep end, it's not going to be much of a treasure hunt, is it?" Pope says zooming in even more.

"It's on the high side, only 900 feet" John B pointing at the little red dot on the computer

"That's not too deep" JJ commented

"Is that doable or something?" I asked not knowing what that meant

"Yeah, totally doable" JJ said putting his hand on my shoulder

"Will we be taking your personal submarine?" Pope asked JJ

"Yeah how do you know this, Mr. Dive Master?" John B said sarcastically

"The salvage yard. They got a drone that can drop 1,000. It has a 360 camera and everything. It's for things like deep dives and stuff. It's exactly what we need" JJ said confidently

"Can your dad get his hands on that?" I asked JJ knowing his dad works at the salvage yard but JJ's face dropped.

"Well, my dad's grimy little hands got his ass fired. I guess the salvage captain frowns on showing up shitfaced, turns out" He sighed a little "But the drone's there. It's in the impound yard out back" He said to the group.

"How much did you say was on the Royal Merchant again?" Kie asked the group

"400 million" JJ, John B and I all said at the same time.

"No, absolutely not. No!" Pope ran to the door blocking it so we couldn't get out.

We all pushed past him pretty easily while he yelled out after us "Can't we do anything legal for money?"

We pulled up at the salvage yard where Kie had parked her car and the HMS Pogue.

"Pope, we're not stealing the drone. We're borrowing it" John B said to try and calm Pope down who was still complaining about us doing illegal things.

"Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality" Pope said

"Did you come up with that?" I asked him

"No Albert Bernstein came up with it, but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing" Pope said back to me "So which is it? Fantasy or reality?"

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ asked while rolling his joint.

"It's fantasy, but possible reality" Kie said

"Reality" John B said

"Fantasy" I answered, making John B look at me

"Virtual reality" JJ said about to light his joint when Pope grabbed it and threw it to the other side of the van telling him to keep the signal clear, earning a pissed off look from JJ.

"You know what your problem is?" JJ asked Pope

"You" Pope said back, making me laugh

"No he's my problem, Pope" I said laughing at the boys but JJ just ignored my comment.

I was listening to Pope and JJ argue about whatever they were going on about and John B and Kie talking to each other through the window. We all got out of the van and waited till we heard Kie talking to the security guard.

"How's it going with Kiara?" JJ asked John B

"It's not awkward, weird or anything" John B said back sarcastically

"Honestly, I didn't think you'd actually listen to me" JJ laughed

"I was 100 percent she was into you" I agreed with JJ "Pope would agree" I said looking at Pope who disagreed with me.

"So, Kie, she definitely gave you the Heisman?" JJ asked

"Oh no question, yup" John B said making me laugh at him

"Maybe she is into someone else" Pope said, making us three all look at him with raised eyebrows.

"Do you like Kie" I asked Pope but before he answered the gate was open and it was time for us to run through the salvage yard and not get caught.

We got to the shed that JJ said the drone was in and JJ went to open the padlock but after a few attempts it wasn't opening.

"Do you have the right numbers?" I asked putting my hand on his shoulder

"All right, so I might have the wrong numbers" JJ said realising we couldn't get it open

"Oh nice doggie" I said, noticing the massive dog running at us, making the boys all turn around.

"That's a cougar. Never mind" John B said before running away from us.

"Seriously" I call out after my brother

"Good boy, no you're okay" JJ says to the dog while Pope picks up a metal pipe

"Pope, run" JJ calls out

"Uh JJ, this dog isn't calming down" I said noticing the dog was getting angrier with Pope's actions

"Pope, you watch her okay" JJ says pointing at me

"I got a toy boy" JJ says throwing around a red cloth from his pocket "Wait, no. I was just kidding. Shit" JJ says before running off with the dog chasing after him

"Shit JJ" I called out after him, before Pope grabbed me back.

"I am not dealing with JJ if something happens to you so you can come with me" He said, pulling me away back to the entrance so we could get away safely.