Chapter 13.

Once we were all back and safe, we headed down towards the Wreck all starving, Kie was going to try and get us some free food.

"Stealing drones makes you hungry" Kie said getting out of the van

"What I would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now" JJ said putting his arm around me

"It would not be pretty" I said to JJ as we walked inside.

Kie made her way to talk to her dad while us four went to sit at the empty table looking at the food another couple was eating, making our stomachs grumble even louder. I wasn't sure how it was going. Kie's dad didn't look happy but I saw him look in our direction so I waved at him and the boys noticed my action doing the same, except for JJ who did an awkward peace sign. Kie made her way back to us letting us know that she managed to get some food for us.

We all ate as much as we could before heading our separate ways for the night. John B, JJ and I heading back to the Chateau and Pope heading home.

The next morning we wanted to test out the drone to make sure it worked before taking it to where the Royal Merchant was supposed to be. JJ and Pope were on the dock working the camera while John B, Kie and I were in the water taking turns to swim up to the camera and pull funny faces.

"Hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim" John B said from the water

"That's bullshit, why do we have to do that?" JJ asked

"Well there's maritime salvage law, you can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up" Pope said to JJ

"I know, I know but lawyers aren't cheap bro" JJ said back

"As soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp" John B said confidently

"How do you know all that?" I asked my brother

"Because dad said it like a million times" He answered me but I don't recall dad ever saying that, then again I never spoke to him about the Royal Merchant.

"This tether is really long, in the wrong weather, it could get pushed around" Pope said to us

"Then we'll go at dead calm" John B answered

"So now we just wait for the right weather?" I asked my brother "And today is not that day" I said looking up at the storm clouds.

Kie had a shift at the Wreck and JJ was helping Pope deliver groceries for his dad which left John B and I sitting in the yard, John B was going over some of dads Royal Merchant paper work that wasn't taken by the square groupers and I was reading a book when a voice interrupted us.

"It's your turn" Sarah Cameron said to John B, completely ignoring me.

"Uh, for what?" John B asked confused

"To ask me what I'm doing here" She said looking at me "Hi Savannah" I answered by giving a small wave

"What are you doing here?" John B asked

"I didn't get a chance to respond the other day after you spat in my face and yelled at me, then stormed off like a child" Sarah said, pissed off at my brother, I couldn't help but laugh imagining John B storming off.

"So first of all, I'm not a liar. I don't know how Ward found out about the scuba gear, but I swear it wasn't me. I'm not the reason you got fired" She said to John B

"Uh okay" was all he could say back

"That's all. Good talk" She said walking away before turning back around to throw something at John B "Your favourite, good catch" She said before walking away

"What the hell?" John B said to himself

"Would you like to explain that situation?" I said, laughing at my brother and reaching over to grab the chips that Sarah gave him.

"I wouldn't even know how to" he said honestly, still looking shocked.

I laughed at him some more before going back to my book, eating the chips.

Once everyone was finished work we all went for a surf before heading back to the Chateau. We were all sitting in the yard, JJ and I sharing the hammock, drinking beers.

"Savannah do you really think it's out there? Like no bullshit?" Pope asked me

"My father thought it was" I answered feeling John B look at me

"But do you?" John B asked

"After hearing his voice on that tape, I think I do" I said honestly, earning a small smile from John B.

"Look, we're going to find it, you know?" Kie said "Even JJ believes"

"Oh my god, JJ do you really believe?" John B asked as if he was a teenage girl gossiping.

"Totally. Wait, are we talking about four mil?" JJ asked, he was staring up at the stars.

"Four hundred mil JJ" I said from next to him

"I'm going to dream about shipwrecks" JJ said making us all laugh "Good night, Bird" JJ said to John B

"Good night, bird shit" John B said back, making JJ stick the finger up at him.

"Good night, little Routledge" JJ said kissing my forehead

"Night J" I lent up and kissed him goodnight

"Guys we are all here, go inside if you need to be alone" Kie said to JJ and I

"Please don't" John B said sighing and we all laughed and fell asleep under the stars.