Chapter 9.

"I mean, it's obvious right? A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to have known it would get back to us" John B asked us as we were all in the Twinkie heading somewhere that John B wouldn't tell us.

"Yeah it's possible" Kie said encouraging John B

"It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know, deal with your sad feels" Pope said, earning a glare from Kie.

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels. Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies, that's how I do it" JJ said next to me making me laugh

"I'm not concocting okay" John B said annoyed "My dad's trying to give me a message"

"If it helps you believe, John B" I said trying to calm him down

"Look, I don't need a therapy session okay? I'm not tripping out" John B said back to me

"It's okay to trip bro" JJ said trying to ease the tension

"Look, my dad is missing, okay? Missing. Believe what you want Savannah. You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and then have no idea what happened. Just wake up every morning wondering" John B said to the group

"He was my dad too John B, I know you feel like you are the only one who lost him but I did too" I said annoyed at him "It's been almost a year, maybe it's time to move on"

"Hey, he could have been kidnapped. That's a possibility" JJ said after seeing that John B's words upset me.

"Yeah, could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere" Pope joined in, I shook my head at the two boys.

"Absolutely or Atlantis" I said sarcastically, making the two boys try and hide their laughs so they don't make John B even more annoyed.

"What do you think the message is?" Kie asked John B to change the topic.

"Redfield, Redfield lighthouse. It was my dad's favourite place" He said as we pulled up to the lighthouse. The lighthouse had definitely seen better days, it looks as though one more storm would knock it down.

"You're gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay?" John B said to JJ

"Wait, why me?" He asked

"Because you're not coming" John B said, making JJ ask why.

"There are independent and dependent variables. You're independent. We don't know what you'll do" Pope said to JJ making him annoyed

"Listen to me for a sec" John B said to JJ "Pope, you stand look out with JJ. If we get split up, we meet back at JJ's house" John B said to the boys before turning to me "Are you coming up?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

"No, if you feel like you need to do this to uncover some secret message then be my guest, but there is no way you are getting me up that lighthouse, I hate heights" I said to my brother "I'll stay here with JJ and Pope" I said walking back to the van

"Pope make sure there's no more macking, we need to talk about that later actually" John B said pointing to JJ and I before running off with Kie to the lighthouse.

"Im gonna work on my merit scholarship essay, and I'm trying to keep felonies to a minimum" Pope said sitting in the van

"All right, would you just shut up already?" JJ said to Pope while kicking his ball to me.

After a few minutes of kicking the ball around I went and sat under the tree, JJ followed me.

"What's on your mind, little Routledge?" JJ asked, sitting down next to me.

"That's twice you've kissed me now" I said looking at him, I could feel him shuffle nervously "Why?"

"What do you mean why?" He asked confused

"Why did you kiss me?" I looked straight into his eyes

"Because that's what you do when you like someone Sav" He smirked

"You like me?" I asked a bit shocked, I never thought he would like me back

"Uh yeah, I do" He looked so nervous "Did you care that I kissed you?"

"Not at all" I smiled at him which made his face light up

"I like you too JJ, a lot" I swear his smile couldn't get any bigger and as he lent down to kiss me again we heard police sirens.

"Shit" We both said getting up and running towards the twinkie. JJ jumped in and Pope and I in the back as we drove off away from John B and Kie.

After we dropped Pope off at his place, JJ and I headed back to his place as that's where our meet up point was decided.

JJ went inside first as he always does to make sure his dad isn't home, and then motioned for me to come inside.

I've been to JJ's house a few times before but not very often, the place creeps me out. Not because it's a scary house but JJ's dad gives me the creeps and I hate how he treats his son. JJ grabbed my hand and led me to his bedroom, just in case his dad came home.

"Do you think John B and Kie got away?" I asked breaking the silence

"Yeah definitely, besides even if they didn't, what would the cops get them for?" He asked me while looking for something in his bedside drawer.

"What are you looking for?" I asked as he was making a mess. He must've found it because he shut the drawer and sat next to me.

It was a photo of JJ and I when we were 10 sitting on the beach with our little surfboards with massive smiles on our faces.

"I can't believe you still have this" I said smiling at the photo

"This was the day I knew that I wanted you in my life forever" He said shyly

"We were 10 JJ, how could you know that?" I laughed but was blushing

"No other girl on this island could out surf me, even now" He laughed back

"I know that I am shit at talking about feelings Sav, but I really like you, I have for a while now and I don't want to hide it anymore" He said holding my hand "I don't care if John B is annoyed at me for breaking the no pogue on pogue macking rule"

"I don't care either JJ" I said, leaning up and kissing him.

The kiss felt different to our other kisses, this one was full of love, passion and lust. We completely let ourselves go and I was lying down on his bed with JJ hovering over me, leaving kisses from my lips to my neck all the way down my stomach.

"Are you sure?" He asked me, breaking our kiss for a second, I sat up slightly and removed my shirt leaving me in just my bikini.

"I've never been so sure about anything" I said to JJ before pulling him back down to continue where we left off. In a matter of seconds, JJ's clothes and my bikini were on the floor and we were completely lost in each other.

"Okay, I leave you two with Pope for one afternoon and this happens?" A voice woke me up from my nap. I opened my eyes to see John B standing at JJ's bedroom door when I remembered that JJ and I were completely naked with only his sheet covering us.

"Oh shit" I said, hiding my head in my hands as JJ woke up next to me noticing the situation.

"John B don't freak okay" JJ said standing up, luckily he did actually have his boxers back on.

"Don't freak? I walk in and find you in bed with my sister? What the fuck dude?" John B said pushing JJ.

"John B, look we like each other okay?" I said from the bed

"What?" he asked shocked looking between us before taking a deep breath "I'd be lying if I said I didn't see this coming, you two are pretty much made for each other" John B said

"But don't let me walk in and see you naked again, please" John B said to me

"Put clothes on and meet me outside" John B called out walking out of the room, JJ and I just looked at each other and started laughing.