Truth or Dare Pt. 1

"Where'd ya get the DVD, Kelvin?"

Desmond and Kelvin had been living together for about two weeks, and had committed to playing Truth or Dare at least once a week. Kelvin suggested it as a way to get to know one another better, and Desmond thought it sounded lovely. Because Desmond had just melted an ice cube under his armpit, it was his turn to either embarrass Kelvin or get some answers out of the man. Kelvin chose Truth, so Desmond decided to ask about the DVD they had watched the previous night.

"It was part of a food drop once," explained Kelvin. "I guess it was a Food Boy-themed drop, sometimes they do that." Desmond furrowed his brow in confusion. He was beginning to feel like every question he asked only led to further questions. He was still quite wary of his new roommate, and he still had absolutely no idea where he was. This bunker-esque place with a computer from the dinosaur ages and a clock that reset every 108 minutes was simply absurd. And what was the deal with those bloody Numbers? Where did they come from? Why did he have to inject himself with a mysterious vaccine every nine days? Desmond could have been convinced that this was all a dream, and that he was still adrift at sea. Perhaps he never woke up after being knocked out during the storm he attempted to sail through. So many questions that the poor bloke desperately needed answers to, but all he could do was hope that Kelvin kept choosing Truth.