Hatch Olympics- Event 2

Beep...beep...beep

"No!" Desmond shouted as he stood in front of the bathroom sink, trying desperately to wash the shampoo out of his eyes to no avail. "I'm not ready!" Desmond then heard Kelvin's voice calling out to him from the kitchen: "Where are you, Des? You're up first!" The Scotsman shouted back that he still couldn't see for shit, and Kelvin could hear the panic in his roommate's voice. The older man stood up and headed for the bathroom, grabbing Desmond's hand and leading him to the computer as the beeps quickened.

"Alright, make it quick, Des!" Kelvin instructed as he plopped his partner down onto the chair with only 20 seconds to spare. Desmond quickly typed in the numbers without the aid of his vision:

4 8 15 16 23 32

Desmond's finger hovered just above the Execute button as Kelvin assured him that the code was correct. As the alarm blared throughout the station, the clock ticked dangerously close to zero. Growing impatient, Kelvin suddenly reached out and attempted to press Execute himself. Kelvin was not quick enough, however, as the agile Desmond reacted, fending off Kelvin's advances, correcting his mistake and pressing Execute. With a mere two seconds to spare, Desmond let out a sigh of relief as the clock reset to 108 minutes.

For a solid five minutes, Kelvin just stared into his partner's bloodshot eyes. He couldn't believe he had just been conned by his bestie! Finally he spoke. "Seems like your vision's just fine, Des," he said flatly, a feeling of betrayal evident in his voice. Desmond took a step towards his roommate, only for him to back away. "I'm sorry, brother," the Scotsman began, "but I couldn't let you get away with that." Kelvin shot Desmond a confused look. "How did you know...?" Kelvin broke down to tears as Desmond embraced the older man in a big bear hug. "It doesn't matter," Desmond whispered. "Shhh..." he continued soothing Kelvin as the American man sobbed into the Scotsman's chest. Guiding Kelvin over to the couch, Desmond laid him down and placed the older man's head in his lap. Desmond stroked Kelvin's hair as he continued to sob, and the two besties sat together in silence as Charlie curled up next to them.